Won't be around much.......

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Hello everyone, I thought I'd best bring you up to date as to why I haven't been posting on the forum lately. As many of you know I live with a fatiguing illness that sometimes puts me out of action for a while. Well you've guessed it I'm not so well again. Unfortunately this time it looks like my kidneys aren't working as they should, - which is a first as up until now my kidney function has been fine.
The combination of chronic fatigue symptoms and kidney dysfunction equals one very tired Intrepid Wheelwoman who is spending far too much time asleep in bed at the moment. The simplest daily tasks leave me feeling exhausted which is very frustrating as there is so much I want to do. I haven't been in my workshop for days and progress has come to a complete grinding halt on my cyclecar.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to find out what the latest test results say so hopefully I will know more about what's going on after that.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Sorry to hear your not well. I always enjoy your witty, insightful comments and intrepid search of interesting projects. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Sorry you are ill. The fatigue illnesses are quite real, though they seem to baffle our doctors. I look forward to seeing your posts again.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
After my encounter with lightning in 1995 and then developing Guillane Barre Syndrome (like polio) I have had periods of terrible fatigue, weakness and loss of much hope... which have eventually passed to give periods of pretty good health and energy. But I do know what it is like and you have my sympathetic understanding. It is a hard thing, especially when we are older and more aware of the fact that most of the sand has already run through our hourglass of life... with not so much left it seems a terrible waste to be sleeping what remains away as if there are unnumbered days. Yet, you have had low times before when you wondered if that was how things were simply going to be... and then come back to enjoy your life again.

As the spiritual person I know you to be, the times of physical weakness are the times when our inner spirit can become stronger and more full. I wish you that, my friend, just as I wish it for myself. I will hold you in my thoughts and wish you all good things. Be well.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
IWW,
Thanks for bringing us up to date. Also keep us informed of future developments.
You have a lot of folks here who respect and admire you and consider you one of our most valued members.
It goes without saying that you are in our thoughts. Hang in there girl.

Tom

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I am sorry to hear that life has tossed yet another speed bump into your plans.
You will be missed, but that is ok. You need to do what is best for yourself and if sleep and bed rest is best then so be it. We will be here for you when you are feeling better, looking forward to your great projects and even greater insight to life, all things mechanical, and humor that can't be matched.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
My feelings are the same as expressed above, but I hope you can find some time and energy to be apart of us here.
Your input is dearly missed.
All the best and I hope your feeling better soon.
Theon.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm sorry to hear you're unwell (for now), Harley and I wish you the best. Stay optimistic; there's a lot of clever folks developing and discovering new things in medicine daily, someone out there might already be on the trail of what ails you.

Just think of the time away from your workshop as 'project planning' and spend the time building in your mind, and we'll look forward to seeing what comes out of the 'shop once you're up and about again.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I always look forward to your insights and observations on all things trivial or world changing. I know that this may sound self-centered, but do try to share a small snippet of your musings from time to time! Some of the 'commentary' on this forum is considered 'therapy' on my part............both giving and receiving.

With kidney issues, be sure to stay away from any NSAID's pain relievers such as naproxyn, ibuprofen, Aleve, Excedrin, etc. They are kidney killers for some people.

"Goodbye is too strong a word now, so I'll just say fare thee well......"

Bob Dylan

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hello Dear Lady,

When we hadn't heard from you for so long I was afraid something serious had happened. Was going to send you a PM and see if every thing was alright but didn't want to intrude on your person well being.

Praying that this is going to pass soon and you will be back to normal. As xseler has mentioned I hope this is not linked to pain killers you've taken to relieve the pain of your chronic fatigue.

If you can, please keep us posted from time to time on how you are doing. Your wit and wisdom are missed here.

Steve.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My best wishes on a speedy recovery I.W.!
The forum needs your intrepid attitude and vintage sensibility!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
My prayers are with you. Having you with us has been a breath of fresh air with your posts and pictures. Get well soon and I hope you feel better.
Take care,
Ken

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Keep your positive attitude and know there are many praying for you. You know you have nothing to fear in your future as you have been following the path you were meant to.

Please take care and hope you feel better soon, waking up and feeling good to go again....

scotto-

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Gentlemen, I've just read all your wonderful messages and at the moment I'm not exactly dry eyed. Thank you so much for your prayers, good wishes and concern.
My doctor has advised me that the situation with my kidneys is improving so it looks like it may have been one of those bumps in the road one gets more often as one ages. The one downside to this good news is that now I'm going to have to have regular blood tests just to make sure that my kidneys are continuing to behave. Just as well I'm not needle phobic :p

xseler, - thank you for your advice concerning some painkillers. I am a very light user of a slow release ibuprofen which my doctor prescribes for me. As a rule though I don't like taking pain meds and I certainly don't want be prescribed any kind of opiate pain medication. Most of the time I use meditative techniques to control pain and only if it's getting to be a wee bit too much will I take a tablet.

As annoying as it is to have these downtimes I find it is a useful time in which to reflect on things and to plan out my projects. Yes indeed SB it is annoying to know that time is running out, but on the other hand that knowledge can give a clarity of vision which I find enables me to clear away all the garbage in my life so I can concentrate on the important things.

Today seems to be a better day for me, but I am starting to feel as if I need to go and lie down again for a little while. Blessings and all good to you all, and thank you for being such good friends.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I had not seen this thread til today. I'm glad to see the previous post to mine, that you say you have better news this time.

Please get well as we surely appreciate your input here!

MT

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I think I can speak for everyone here, no thanks are needed or expected. That report is good news, keep it coming!