imperial cycles closed?

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i bought a peanut tank on their web site. and my visa card went though and i got a e-mail saying so but no responce from imperial. tried calling and got full in box chatter. so i tryed today and got a disconect verizon. anyhow has anyone delt with and if so how did it turn out. i'd like to use their tank on my s5n morini dyno roadster in that all i need is a tank and to finish my chamber thanks...dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
they said they were overnighting it this morning on the e-mail but no shipping info at 6;36pm pst. we will see..kinda disappointed in that they act like they got it together so kewl....???

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Did you get your tank? I'm about to pull the trigger on a board tracker tank. I hope I can get it. The build design is completely centered around it!

CrazyCatLady

Jun 21, 2011
Tampa Bay
Did you get your tank? I'm about to pull the trigger on a board tracker tank. I hope I can get it. The build design is completely centered around it!
Did you check 1977 Mopeds for any tank you might like? They're super reliable and that's all Imperial is selling you anyway is a moped gas tank.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ya. I looked at those. Similar, but not totally convinced it's the same tank. They definitely used one of those on an earlier build they did. You can see the inset on the side of the tank. The tank they sell now is smooth-sided.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
after a few weeks they told me their supplier didn't have petcocks or gas caps. they then said they had a one [tank]that looked like the sportster i told them to send it. some kind of short fat moped tank. i wont deal with them anymore. but you can take your chances. i'd look at treatland, great service. for moped stuff. just checked the tank before mounting it..FULL OF RUST! nuff said.

Last edited:

CrazyCatLady

Jun 21, 2011
Tampa Bay
Ugh, some of those things require weird petcocks too, like metric left hand pipe threading. My Pacer tank uses something weird like that, I'm so glad my carb has a petcock on it, I ended up using a icemaker water line bung thingy and inline fuel filter. Sorry to hear about your bad luck dmb.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ya i E-mailed them yesterday, nothing... but i tried to clean the inside hopefully it'll work since i all ready mounted it and changed the frame top tube to fit it

fatstig

Sep 13, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Did you ever get in contact with Imperial? I placed an order almost a month ago for a tank and I haven't gotten a single reply from phone, email, or facebook.

fatstig

Sep 13, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Agreed. I emailed him again this morning and gave him 24 hours to respond. If I don't hear back, I will have no choice but to get paypal involved.

degaine_designs

Nov 29, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Agreed. I emailed him again this morning and gave him 24 hours to respond. If I don't hear back, I will have no choice but to get paypal involved.
My advice... get Paypal involved now. Here's a conversation I had with them three weeks ago on Facebook when I inquired about the peanut tank.

Zane DeGaine
Is the peanut tank you sell made of metal or fiberglass?
Like · · See Friendship · January 7 at 2:22am near Los Angeles ·

Imperial Cycles it was metal but we no longer sell it.
January 13 at 7:21pm · Like

Imperial Cycles we do have a few boardtracker tanks left though.
January 13 at 7:22pm · Like

Zane DeGaine Ok thanks. I've decided to use an actual Sportster tank.
January 13 at 7:32pm · Like

Joel Phayro Williams · Friends with Imperial Cycles
‎"it was metal but we no longer sell it"...are you guys only selling complete bikes now?
January 14 at 8:37am · Like

Imperial Cycles right now we are going into a different direction. we really don't have the time to do complete builds with motorized bikes. in the future, we will most likely have one off builds and what the customer buys is what we've built in the past. it gives us more creative play and we can wrench on them on our own leisure. but we are planning to come out with something really special in 2012 but it's still in it's pre production phase and have to be kept under wraps. look for more info and a protype late winter or early spring.
January 15 at 11:29pm · Like

Ralph Gonzalez · Friends with Imperial Cycles
Why arent you selling the peanut tanks anymore?? I wanted one so bad!!
January 18 at 1:15pm · Like

Imperial Cycles we lost contact with our supplier and I think he went out of business.
January 18 at 10:23pm · Like

Zane DeGaine Bummer.
January 18 at 11:14pm · Like

Ralph Gonzalez · Friends with Imperial Cycles
Damn it tht was the final piece to complete my build, sht
January 19 at 7:15pm · Like

Zane DeGaine Your parts store still has it listed for sale. You should really change that so no one orders it and has to go through **** with Paypal. http://imperialcyclesstore.blogspot.com/
3 minutes ago · Like ·

fatstig

Sep 13, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Paypal gave him 30 days to reply and he never did. So they took the money out of his account and paid me back. He never once answered a single email from me or paypal.