Four Stroking Dies Today!

GoldenMotor.com

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Today was a day for my upgrade installs.

Whilst staring at my lil’ carby, after completing my other items I stroked it gently and confirmed it Healed Today! Hey- Close to Easter an All……

This is just a tip for those who may not already know what I’m gonna say here.

BarelyAwake, Norm, BikeGuy Joe and others have discussed numerous times and have posted numerous pix and descriptions of 4-stroking and pin height or drilling, soldering and such.

I read here of the little washer trick and tried it. My “bend” on it is this.

I was still having issues 4-stroking sometimes with my E-clip in the 2nd notch from the top. I drop it 1notch and or raise it 1 notch and poo! So knowing that it’s too rich, and I need to lower the pin in relationship to the air flow but only a little.

Not having a really THIN washer I used the one that goes on top of the E-clip under the spring by modifying (cutting it smaller dia.w/ tin snips) to rest in the area below the e-clip. I moved my clip to the top notch. If you use this washer and cut it, make sure it’s flat after cutting and sand it smooth before inserting it. I then found a #10 flat washer in my box and cut it to match the former one I just reapportioned for my thin spacer washer. I cut a bit out of it like a “C” and it laid on top of the e-clip as a nice rest for the spring.

The former thin washer in the carby is about ½ of a step on the pin I needed and not finding a thin enough washer without going to the hardware I used what was available and it works great. So in effect I’ve lowered the pin ½ pin notch.

Test and no more Four Stroking. The washer trick works for that in-between height that some of the carby’s require. Now you don’t have to search high and low for a thin-enough washer. Ya Got One Already.

Thanks for the tip posted some time ago, just a new bend to it.
My little HT no longer has a snotty nose!

Robert

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
ah makes sense now, so it allows you to adjust your pin without adjusting the carb slide.makes sense. i might try it, just wanna make sure that im not gonna lean this beast out.