Buddy list

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
was thunking, (seldom good but hey) A good many of us are older or not in great health or alone etc. We as a group do a buddy list with an emergency contact phone number or something along those lines. Ask an internet guru to make a program so if some one does not post in a month or what ever, gets a call from us. Drives me insane when folks fall from the radar.

Taking care of each other is what it is all about in my book (that only uses small words and has pictures of the complicated concepts)

Not a suggestion for the forum per say, but a thought for us as friends

I really enjoy you crazy folks and just need to know that all the asylum inmates are kicking and
pretending they hate their meds.

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
in some sort of safe manner not publicly shown on line or to any one not authorized to view. Strictly among friends and trusted safe keepers, if online at all. Could just be on the phone with our buddys... dunno and up to you

Last edited:

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
in some sort of safe manner not publicly shown on line or to any one not authorized to view. Strictly among friends and trusted safe keepers, if online at all. Could just be on the phone with our buddys... dunno and up to you
Not a bad idea. In the last month or so I have been shocked too many times reading about some ones demise. Makes ya think. Don't know how to make the mechanics of it work, but not a bad idea.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, that is true. Have a few people that I email on a personal level that I have met on the computer and three of them have disappeared or are not answering thier Emails.
I knew they were in bad health and can only believe that they have passed on and the family hasn't looked in thier computer to see who might be getting in touch with them.

I've left a list of people to get in touch with to tell them I've fallen down and won't be getting up and it wasn't from drinking. At least this time!

Steve.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lol Baird, that is one of my favorite quotes! "Tales of my death are greatly exaggerated,"

Steve, just asked my accountant if I could write off my bar tabs as MB sales promotional opportunities. Snork

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
That is a good idea Dan if someone could work the details. It bothers me also when someone falls beneath the radar and you never know what happened to them. Usually the more well known like Bamabikeguy will have someone report but for us guys on the fringe it usually doesn't happen.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Set up a email address. something like this----are you [email protected] can check in every week,if not some one has a next of kin or caretakers email address and they can check on you.If you are alone you could give a street address and the P.D. in your town will check on you for us.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, I'm thinking of leaving a small cash fund to pay for the party they are going to have to celebrate my passing. Knowing the crowd I hung out with they will be drinking MD 2020 and lining up at the grave site to properly pay thier respects the next day.
Trouble is that the way I'm losing them,I'll be the last one left.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan, I'm thinking of leaving a small cash fund to pay for the party they are going to have to celebrate my passing. Knowing the crowd I hung out with they will be drinking MD 2020 and lining up at the grave site to properly pay thier respects the next day.
Trouble is that the way I'm losing them,I'll be the last one left.

Steve.
I left enough $ for a keg or a few rounds at the local pub in my will. Carol is gonna put my ashes in a coffee can so I can go to the party too, lol

Just asked her, if ever, to let you guys know here. (so we can have that drink together)

Way back, I was "on the wheel" (steering a ship) and had vered off a whole 7 degrees. In a lil bit of weather, you can get a whole lot further off swinging back and forth. Capt. H**** (in case any of his family reads this)((friends, not a large concern, lol)) After screaming bloody blue murder at me. (I was a kid) He said that when I died he was gonna pour the finest Scotch Whiskey on my grave. I thought that was kinda nice. Then he said he was gonna drink it first.

laff