Do slant heads really make a difference in power?

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I read your thread about replacing the caskets with thin aluminum explain the purpose and or benifits, how thick should the aluminum be? and send some other tweek secrets.
I contacted PKLTD about the PK 80/68.5 jet silver slant engine they offer and was told by a rep that the engine would have to be ordered from zoombicycle.com as they are the same Co. so the engine comming to me is the ZB-80ccS-SR limited addition silver slant, are there any differences between the two?
Another Rep sent e-mail stating needle & roller bearings were used in the engine the casting diffenately are cleaner(judging from all pic's)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I read your thread about replacing the caskets with thin aluminum explain the purpose and or benifits, how thick should the aluminum be? and send some other tweek secrets.
I contacted PKLTD about the PK 80/68.5 jet silver slant engine they offer and was told by a rep that the engine would have to be ordered from zoombicycle.com as they are the same Co. so the engine comming to me is the ZB-80ccS-SR limited addition silver slant, are there any differences between the two?
Another Rep sent e-mail stating needle & roller bearings were used in the engine the casting diffenately are cleaner(judging from all pic's)

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I am about a 3 to 4 gallons in on my zb 80 silver slant head and it is way better than my unknown ebay 80 black non slant head

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I could tell my new slant heat was WAY more powerful than my older 66cc from first bump start.
Much stronger low rpm power and already getting 35mph with only 15 miles on it.

This thing is a stump pluller with the 41 t sprocket. Climbs one very steep hill nearby easily, that the older engine could barely make.

If you don't clean up your ports and exhaust welds, there's no guarantee that ANY HT engine will run right.
Open the muffler and inspect aLL joints internaly. I have been suprised on 3 builds, by how much restrictive slag/ flash they leave behind.

Wayne Z