Titan Chain Drive Assembly And Smaller Engines

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I bought a used Titan Chain Drive Assembly without engine, and it should arrive soon.

Has anyone used any engine besides the Titan with this kit? I realize this kit is pretty new, maybe no one has tried this yet. For me, the Titan and Honda 50 sit too high and might draw the local police's attention. I'm thinking of using a Mits 43cc engine, generic 47cc pocketbike engine or 40cc aircooled Polini engine. Wheel sprocket will be Staon hub with 16t freewheel. Different sets of sprockets need to be calculated and new engine mounting holes redrilled. I already had the Staton hub and if the Titan drive doesn't pan out, I have the matching Staton chain drive. I'd really like the Titan drive to work, as it seems to be an easier setup to change engines.

Any help will be appreciated.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, the gearbox should fit the popular engines. I'm looking to retrofit the flat, compact pocketbike engines. Wheras the Titan powerplant is 10.8" length by 8.9" width by 13.94" high, the Chinese pocket is 11.75"long by 6.75" by 5" high. That means this engine is 1" longer, over 2" narrower and 9" shorter. The Polini is more compact, but 2" taller because the carb sits on top.

Maybe a 1.5L goped gas tank would work mounted on the Titan platform.

UPS dropped by with the kit on Friday but no one was home. So Monday I'll have it.