time to buy a kit...9-10-'11...it's in the numbers

GoldenMotor.com

slowenuff

May 5, 2010
baltimore,maryland
.duh.hello all
i am going to buy my 1st kit and i want to hear from all you builders and users...
simple request really
i want a kit in the less than 50cc bracket so that when i DO get stopped atleast it's not bigger than the traditional displacement that most states allow you to use without licenseing, insuring, etcetera
that aside, i am mechanically competent, will look after the engine once installed, have plenty of bicycles and wheels to choose from....

the Grubee looks sorted out
obviously i'll want to buy from people who stock spares and know their product... I won't need to have my hand held every turn of the screw...just real people doing the right thing...

i have 200 more or less to get the whole shabang to my front door in baltimore maryland

this won't be my last kit but i'd love to start w/ one that everyone here agrees is a great place to start this hobby...I am open to all input...

i have salvaged weed wackers and lawnmower engines but have way too much going on in my day to day to fabricate around these good old engines....it's time to buy a kit and see what it's all about....

if i had 700 bucks i'd buy the belt driven kit from American Eagle...and a couple of the Chinese 4 stroke CVT belt to final drive chain systems are appealing to me...and 350 plus shipping seems fair

i have 200 at the moment and want to be up and running before this winter....

thank you all for your 2 cents worth....i'll listen...choose...record my journey to share here in text,vid and pics.
i've been inspired by all your contributions to this forum and want to add my experience to wealth of info here

thanks a ton
charlie
baltimore maryland
usa

dirt

Aug 13, 2011
United States
A "quality" China two stroke (is that an oxymoron?) would get you started. Just buy the kit and install it. This would at least get you running. You can always upgrade parts as you go. However, with a China two stroke you will most likely be forced to upgrade/replace parts after a little while when they start breaking. Here are a few links to start. There are cheaper places, but these guys would help you out if you had questions.

Grubee 48cc Silver Sky Hawk Angle Fire Bicycle Engine Kit

http://blowbyu.ca/90322.html

slowenuff

May 5, 2010
baltimore,maryland
dirt
thank you for the reply
i'll check them out and post when i select
figure lots of parts are gonna fail
so good support is worth the extra few bucks
agin, thank you
charlie