A couple of questions for my kit (Clutch, Throttle, Wires)

GoldenMotor.com

fume555

Aug 24, 2008
Dallas,TX
Question 1:My bike's chain sprocket ain't budging; it's in lock mode. The rear wheel isn't moving at all even if I engage the clutch. I should also mention that I completely ran out of gas at the time when it happened.... when I got back home and refilled the tank to see if that was the problem causing my chain to lock up but it wasn't. I am almost 99% sure that it has to do with the clutch because that's what clutches are for; to disengage the engine so you can pedal. So I'm asking ya'll politely if any of ya'll know what might be wrong? how to fix it? thanks for taking your time for reading all that junk.

Question 2(this is an easy one):When I wanna come to a complete stop all I gotta do is pull the brake and engage clutc.. right? Is the engine still supposed to be running while stopped and clutch engaged? Whenever I come to a stop and pop the clutch, the engine dies. is this normal?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!!!
p.s. I'll have a few more questions later dealing with my throttle installation but i'm getting ready to hit the sack.

BlueCollarBike

Aug 14, 2008
Question 1:My bike's chain sprocket ain't budging; it's in lock mode. The rear wheel isn't moving at all even if I engage the clutch. I should also mention that I completely ran out of gas at the time when it happened.... when I got back home and refilled the tank to see if that was the problem causing my chain to lock up but it wasn't. I am almost 99% sure that it has to do with the clutch because that's what clutches are for; to disengage the engine so you can pedal. So I'm asking ya'll politely if any of ya'll know what might be wrong? how to fix it? thanks for taking your time for reading all that junk.

Question 2(this is an easy one):When I wanna come to a complete stop all I gotta do is pull the brake and engage clutc.. right? Is the engine still supposed to be running while stopped and clutch engaged? Whenever I come to a stop and pop the clutch, the engine dies. is this normal?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!!!
p.s. I'll have a few more questions later dealing with my throttle installation but i'm getting ready to hit the sack.
Hello.

Make sure your Chain is Not Caught between the Motor casing and the Front sprocket..And or rear wheel And drive sprocket

What scares me is You had this problem when you ran out of gas. ( possible seized Motor)
I hope it's nothing serious.

The motor should continue to Run with the clutch handler Pulled in.

Make sure your Clutch is properly adjusted And your Idle screw is set correctly.

cheers:)

Bob

BlueCollarBike

mralaska

Aug 16, 2008
Deerfield, NH
When the clutch is dis-engaged the rear wheel and engine should turn freely and independant of each other. To stop you would disengage the clutch so the engine could turn freely, which means when you are stopped you would pull both the brake lever and clutch lever.

When you say the back wheel is locked up, will it roll back and forth against the chain? If you took the chain off would the back wheel be able to spin? The way you are describing the problem makes it difficult to rule out anything, it could even be wheel bearing. a rear brake locked up, or a bound up chain. Did you have to carry the bike home?

Assuming it is not the back tire locked up or a bound up chain: It is unlikely running out of gas would cause clutch problems. Is the clutch lever still connected to the clutch arm? When you pull the clutch lever, does it still feel like it is pulling back? Does the clutch arm (attached to the engine) still seem to have full travel? Have you tried to dis-engage the clutch by pushing the arm by hand? When you say 'lock mode' do you mean that the sprocket will not turn over at all, or does it mean forcing the back tire to turn makes the engine turn over no matter what you do with the clutch?

First rule out linkage problems if the engine is turning over. If the system is actually locked up and there is no problem with the linkage, you may need to pop the covers to find the problem. Do not try to force the system to turn if it is locked. It does not take much pressure to feel the engine turn over. Forcing it could make the problem worse if something is locked up inside the cases.

BlueCollarBike

Aug 14, 2008
Oops, Bob had not posted when I started typing. Just ignore my post! I am a mosquito on the wall of Bob's knowldege.
Paul your One Funny Guy.:D

It seems to me you know your way around these kits fairly well.

Also I love the Video.You Made..
I Kinda get all warm and Fuzzy seeing my shirts On you tube.

Nice Job.
And thank you.

cheers:)

Bob

BlueCollarBike