Brand new Motor Bogs

GoldenMotor.com

motorizedmatt

Aug 31, 2010
Orange County CA
Hi all,

I just pickedup a brandnew motor kit and put it on my cruiser and it runs fine at idle and I can even rev and it sounds like it shoud, but when the clutch is engage (meaning using the motor to pull me) anymore than 5% throttle and it just bogs. Because of this it will only run up to like 15mph.

Im pretty damn sure I have this thing hooked up 100% right (This is my second one I have built) where should I start looking for the issue, or should I call up the dealer I bought it from and give them a piece of my mind?
:-||

spears7100

Feb 15, 2011
Lafayette la
I'm having the exact same issue...which carb does your kit have? I've got the "CNS V2 Racing Carburetor". I'm thinking this carb is a real piece of junk, but I've not got any experience with this carb before. I've adjusted mine every which way..which seems to be the only way i can keep it running.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
If it will rap up without any load it's probably either way to rich or way too lean. Adding a little bit of choke and trying to get it through the flat spot to WOT will tell you which.

mopedjay

Feb 19, 2011
Haverhill Ma
if its bogging its running too lean check the air filter

its a chinese carb so pull the jet out and see if theres anything blocking it i have seen some jets on china carbs that were not even made right

if the racing carb is what i think it is its a cheap copy of a dellorto sha 14.12 it should take std dellorto jets

you can buy new jets from treatland.tv its a moped parts store

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
if its bogging its running too lean check the air filter

its a chinese carb so pull the jet out and see if theres anything blocking it i have seen some jets on china carbs that were not even made right

if the racing carb is what i think it is its a cheap copy of a dellorto sha 14.12 it should take std dellorto jets

you can buy new jets from treatland.tv its a moped parts store
Please 'splain to us how an air filter can make an engine run lean.
Thanks, Wayne

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Many, many posts on this forum about problems with the new CNS carb.
Stock up on the NTs while you still can.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
He hosed the carb. Um... err.... re-connected the breather hose correctly. When brand new the hoses are not routed correctly. They seem to be just stuck onto the various hose barbs as a way to hold them for packing and shipping.