sprocket recommendations for big guy?

GoldenMotor.com

mikldom

Jan 4, 2010
OBX, NC
I am glad I found this forum.

I have a question, and I apologize if this has been answered...

I have a OCC Stingray. I am going to purchase a motor kit, and I am going to order the sprocket and hub adapter from Maniac.

I am 5'11" and about 250 lbs. I don't need really fast top speed..but I don't want it to goto slow either. I don't want a problem with it "getting up and going" either. I plan on using it quite a bit on my travels. I travel doing public housing inspections all over the east, and will take it with me on trips on a hitch hauler behind my focus.

Thanks for the tips, and please, volunteer any information, suggestions, etc..

BTW, get this!!! I picked up my OCC at a local thrift store for 32 bux!!! in excellent condition. I am STOKED!!!.. I have another chopper style bike although a little smaller, that I will motor for my son, after I get this one off the ground.. Not sure of that brand, but I think that it is a Chopper bike from china and it is pretty cool.. same thrift store, couple months ago, for only 24.99!!! I will keep checking them...

/mike

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
You might wanna just stick with the stock sprocket which is a 44t. if your looking for more low end power/torque get a higher tooth sprocket or if you want more high end power get a lower tooth sprocket, the lower the teeth the more torque and get up n go power you will loose.

PirateCycles carries Jims(manicmechanic) sprocket adapter.

Good luck and post some pics of your build

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Considering that the stingray has 20" wheels, you could probably use a 36T or 38T sprocket & it will have the same speed & torque as a 44T on a 26" bike.

I'm 200+lbs & I use 40T.