50cc 4-Stoke Honda MiniTrail Bike Engine on Bicycle.

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
Hello,

Has anyone tried using the Honda Mini Trail Z50 chinese cloned engine, for motorizing their bicycle?

So far the only forum member to do so If I'm correct is Civlized on a Micargi Mustang, he used a honda/chinese cloned horizontal 4-stroke GiO 50cc fully automatic electric start for his build.

If your thinking about this type of motorizing please share your thoughts or idea's to this post.

I'm currently adding a 110cc Lifan horizontal 4-stroke with semi-automatic trans electric/kick start & 12 volt wiring for lights etc to my greenline stretch cruiser build. I must say I have this same size motor on my rat rod hardknock bobber and it's stock no mod's except advance auto giant air filter, WOT-Top speed 55mph on the bobber! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THIS STRETCH CRUISER WILL DO WOT-TOP SPEED?

ECCMB.

Pic's are Greenline Stretch Cruiser fitted with 110cc 4-Stroke honda engine chinese cloned, next pic's are honda mini-trail 50cc & honda trail ct70cc, and forum member Civlized honda chinese clone 50CC 4-Stroke Micargi Mustang Stretch Cruiser!

Attachments

Dec 7, 2009
EastCoast USA
I had to use 25tooth chain ring for bicycle chain to clear engine will post more pic's when I have motor welded in permanently, my Lifan is 18" X 11" X 11" if you have a stretch cruiser you'll have plenty of room for a honda chinese cloned horizontal 50cc 4-stroke or larger up to 110cc if you like.

ECCMB.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
That last pic is a Micargi 3.0 Mustang. The down tube is a lot larger than the regular Mustang. Minor detail for the purpose of the thread but, not if you are going to buy one. I've had two Micargi Mustang frames crack on me.