"how we do it""

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
so tried and true --with so little room for other possibilities that may infact be more structurally sound than "how we do it"

oh yeah -- gusset maestros ???

who is we anyway????

copiests --
why bother if you do not bring something new and untried to the table

step boldly into the future -- let your mind soar

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
oh yeah the sand blasting company industrial; that was supposed to have my 16 frames blasted today did not get the work done and the paint booth I had arranged to use this afternoon was piss..

I so want to have a few of my creations at willow so it is down to the wire--

don't you just hate when people do not do what they say they will --modern living

make a mental note--weldable spaceage polymer

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i rarely listen to anyone that says "why don't you do it like this..."

my moped took me less than a month from start to finish. all the while my roommates, friends, neighbors and strangers have said " ya know what would be cool...?"

i just nod and keep on working... :)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"Just grin and nod.".....was the best advice given to me when I got married. Lasted 19 yrs when it shoulda lasted 5.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
nice to hear from yous

conformity and non conformity

I will take non conformity every day of the week

especially in this ever so boring world of branded bs

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
oh yeah the sand blasting company industrial; that was supposed to have my 16 frames blasted today did not get the work done and the paint booth I had arranged to use this afternoon was piss..

I so want to have a few of my creations at willow so it is down to the wire--

don't you just hate when people do not do what they say they will --modern living

make a mental note--weldable spaceage polymer

I hear that the newest thing is 'transparent aluminum'.........The Scottish pronounce this "al-u-min-e-um".

Just in case you haven't heard.

:D

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I know all about it my dad gave me some when I was six --- that was a long time ago

Mongolians pronounce it all -too minimum

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Me? I'm still waiting for someone to invent powdered fuel for my backpack on long trips....

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
ask the tooth fairy for some fairy dust--- keeps her flying day and night

she is an expert on fuels

all kidding aside ---

there is so much to look forward to

inventive minds know --yet at the same time ---technology has surpassed humanities ability to integrate by and large thus both good and bad and those who use it for both good and bad unfortunately

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
just an update

picked up 18 of my original frame creations from the sand blaster-his workers did a good job good price

drove directly to my friend with the ventilate paint spray area --the clear he told me he had was for furniture even though he knew I was painting metal --language barrier

so I made use of assorted paint I had in hand a blueish metallic and fire engine red post and continue.....

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
the red was marine paint and will take about three days to dry/cure the blueish was enamel and dried instantly in hot los angeles weather

he did not have lights-- the los angeles building inspector had him remove those he had even though he now uses water based material they could give a sh-- for the working man trying to make a living!!! so some runs and difficulty but nothing irreparable

i have not prettied up the frames but left things there for lights, reflectors tool holders do dads nothing an angle grinder and circular saw with abrasive blade can not take care of...

continued...

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
... so tomorrow i will bring three of the blueish and three unpainted frames to the
WILLOW SPRINGS RACES-- hopefully someone with the ability to photograph and post will be so kind to do such...

my over ten in hand of over 100 original designs for gas tanks for motored bicycles and motorcycles are not ready to be premiered/presented ---ends not closed --

think 3d not just paint

let your creative juices run wild ---have fun

while you ride safe

best buba

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
ccc you know me
i have met some shop owners that seem pretty cool but still some dinero
when and if i get out of the rat rod down and dirty modality and into the spit/polish then powder may be in the cards

i used oil based paint -- the marine stuff--just have to get back in practice and the booth was primitive

shot 11 frames and 20 wheels---assembled!!! all in about 4.5 hours had to handle them to let them dry as best as possible too in a not so open area -a lot of balletic moves

i can really appreciate the overhead conveyor belts that you see in the youtubes of the frame manufacturers and then into the ovens for a bake/dry

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i can really appreciate the overhead conveyor belts that you see in the youtubes of the frame manufacturers and then into the ovens for a bake/dry
I've been using an escalator and a microwave oven............lacquer sweet lacquer, dries almost instantly............the next best thing to powder! Nickel plating is also very cool in my eyes.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I like the Duplicolor spray cans, they make fuel resistant finishes with ceramic that are very hard and can be shined up like glass.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
scotto

when I painted vintage cars and trucks in Colorado in the late 70's acrylic enamel cost 28 dollars now!!!! as for finishes I have inquired with several plating shops for various finishes copper etc. the bigger shops too busy with their concours cars according to the auction and show annual schedules chrome needs polishing $$$$$$ too bad you were unable to get off work for willow
it would have been the competition you like for all your great bikes and great for us spectators

keep an eye on me maybe some ventures may be of interest to you ???

you got a connect for the lacquer $$$???

spray cans seems to be a resource for lacquer and e3namel based paints these days
thanks 16vnrbrgr

Last edited: