35 miles each way for work , possible ?

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I decided to put mine on one of my dax chaindrive with a 36t, the thing outruns my 66cc barnfind bike with the expansion chamber, amazing the power of the little eho35
Thats to cool....I have had 7 HT 66cc kits and the EHO35 pulls its own....Once it hits around 15 mph it really comes alive....
John

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
A 70-mile daily ride to work on my MB would literally wear me out.

I could see myself riding a Honda scooter twice, my MB once and carpooling twice weekly.xct2

JdubMotorMan

May 9, 2011
los angeles county
A 70-mile daily ride to work on my MB would literally wear me out.

I could see myself riding a Honda scooter twice, my MB once and carpooling twice weekly.xct2
That's a good idea to change it up like that if you can ... a Honda 150 would be great but my credit sucks right now so I would have to buy one cash ...

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Sorry for this but people who say the hts arent reliable are not correct. You can make them super reliable. My first mb i rode from my house down through a town called harpswell a town that is a bunch of islands tied together by bridges, back through the other side of my town, and back home the whole trips is about 25-30 miles, my mb acted just the same before the trip and after, All you have to do is take care of it, and make sure you have it dialed in. The motor is what u make off it, set it up properly and be succseful, or set it up just a little bit off here and there, and have issues, your mb experience is what you make of it.
If this angers anyone in any way i appologize just had to throw my opinions on the subject

JdubMotorMan

May 9, 2011
los angeles county
Sorry for this but people who say the hts arent reliable are not correct. You can make them super reliable. My first mb i rode from my house down through a town called harpswell a town that is a bunch of islands tied together by bridges, back through the other side of my town, and back home the whole trips is about 25-30 miles, my mb acted just the same before the trip and after, All you have to do is take care of it, and make sure you have it dialed in. The motor is what u make off it, set it up properly and be succseful, or set it up just a little bit off here and there, and have issues, your mb experience is what you make of it.
If this angers anyone in any way i appologize just had to throw my opinions on the subject
Actually this doesn't anger me at all, I would like to get it set up to the point where it is a reliable source of transportation

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Dial it in?You cant dial in the internal workings of these engines....Tweeking the carb is not going to fix the problem these engines have....They engines are just toys and made to go around the naborhood and that is all....You cant make chicken salad out of chicken ****,End of story....
John

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I disagree. You CAN make these engines a bit better. Replace the crap bearings with nice ones, clean up the casting, etc. It doesn't make them as good as a name-brand engine, but it certainly makes them a lot better. One thing that helps reliability is not riding at WOT all the friggin time. Almost any engine is not going to like going WOT for 40 miles. Warming up your engine before really beating on it helps too. It depends on how you ride, and the care you take to ensure proper operation.

As far as a 70 mile round trip... I would say try to motorize a recumbent or something. Riding 20 miles gets uncomfortable sometimes on my bike. A recumbent with a large seat would make a long trip much more enjoyable.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The farthest I have gone in one day is 100 miles round trip. I have also gone 60 miles round trip, but that was 30 miles at night and then 30 miles home the next morning. My advice would be trying to make the trip on a day off and see what happens. I suggest this for several reasons. The main reason obviously being for reliability. The second reason being to gain a rough estimate of how long the trip will take. The third reason being to see how comfortable the ride will be for you. Then you can make whatever adjustments are needed, make the bike as comfortable as it can be, and figure out what would be a good time to leave in the morning.