1st build

GoldenMotor.com

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Well I have about 45+ miles on my first build. Tried to attach a picture or two on here of the bike.

I had a lot of fun with the build and allot of fun on the ride.

Dirt roads and pastures so she will be dirty little china girl.

I used a huffy good vibration and BGF 66cc kit

Upgraded inner tubes and added front brakes.

Painted chain guard black to match the kits guard.

Used the chain tension idler off a old workman trike to keep the drive chain snug.

My known mileage and fuel consumption is at 66 miles a gallon running a 16 to 1 ratio sandy hills under load at moderate speeds. 64oz for 33 miles.

Attachments

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks, lot of fun going into it. Started the tear down on the next build already. As my mentor says this is an addiction.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
nice build looks a lot like my first bike i didnt build mine tho but have made it into the bike it is today. looks like the chain rubbed on the back tire like mine did. i had to use another seperate chain tensioner on the top till i shortned the chain.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks Toxic, Yes there just not much clearance with the back tire. any slack and it starts slapping the side wall. took me a few adjutmetns to get it just right.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Ok I got the speedo working now, I wired in my CDI right below my seat on the post. Replaced the stock wire with 8mm automotive wire.

Hard wired the in and protected it with heat shrink. Kill switch also went in line.

Test run shows it at 28.5 on the flat mile. Not bad for near on 300# of bike and country boy. Huffy good vibrations cruiser with a PK-80, 44 tooth and me. Stock carb, stock exhaust and on the last tank of 16 -1 I will start the opti 70-1 on the next tank.

I am working on getting the jet and exhaust configured next. Mostly though I am having fun. .

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
not sure how far along break in you are but i feel my mileage increased drastically when i switched from break in mix to broke in mix, i suspect you will notice the same ;)

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Thank you matt, allen and wheelbinder.
Lot of fun pasture hopping on this thing, i spen as much time riding fence rows as I do on the country roads.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
not sure how far along break in you are but i feel my mileage increased drastically when i switched from break in mix to broke in mix, i suspect you will notice the same ;)

I was wondering about the mileage on my new unit since I can tell it isn't getting 150 with the break-in mix.

Thanks!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
I was wondering about the mileage on my new unit since I can tell it isn't getting 150 with the break-in mix.

Thanks!
it definitely gets better, but i still don't think it's no 150mpg, especially with the 66ccs, still it's far better mileage then just about any car on the planet so nothing to complain about.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
it definitely gets better, but i still don't think it's no 150mpg, especially with the 66ccs, still it's far better mileage then just about any car on the planet so nothing to complain about.
Sounds reasonable. With scooters I looked at the MPG is often not the actual MPG.

Once I get the break in done I will do a controlled ride and see what I get.