How long have you known about China Girl Motorized Bicycle Kits? : Poll

GoldenMotor.com

How long have you known about China Girl Kits?

• Less than 6 months

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 1 year

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • 2 years

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • more than 3 years

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: How long have you known about China Girl Kits? : Poll

You've got CGitis....better go see Chinese doctor before it's incurablelaff
I'm afraid it's already too late. I knew this thing was crack, but I couldn't...........

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Now I have a CG on my back!!!

Oh well, it getting crowded back there anyway.
Seriously, get to the doctor, it's not too late till you have a container of them parked in your driveway......then it's too late!!! rotfl

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

a friend of mine had a chicken motor when i was about ten. i was so excited by it, till i realized i could pedal faster.
Yeah, but with the chicken you could pedal faster uphill without poopin out. That was the beauty of chicken power, and that's about it.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

in Westminster, Ca there's a very large Vietnamese and Korean population. there's about 5 old guys there that still have chicken powered bikes that i'd see every day.

i was up there recently and one of them was really excited about my bike, since it went faster than a brisk walking pace. we couldn't understand each other, but i wrote down "Grubee starfire" for him and left.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Seriously, get to the doctor, it's not too late till you have a container of them parked in your driveway......then it's too late!!! rotfl
It's worse than I thought. I've already been contemplating that I could probably get a container and a half for my Road King.

Also wanting my own cad cam machine.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

It's worse than I thought. I've already been contemplating that I could probably get a container and a half for my Road King.

Also wanting my own cad cam machine.
In that case, you'ld better kiss that Road King "Good-Bye"! I'd go see the doc if I were you!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

So far this poll is going about as I suspected. 75% of us have only known about China Girls for 3 years or less. That's telling me the popularity is increasing rapidly.

Another interesting statistic from another poll is most of us are in our 40s and 50s.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I have known about and been using the China Girl kits for 6-7 years now. The first time I saw someone riding one and thought..."gee that looks like fun".

Back then Motorized Bicycle were illegal in Tucson of course I did not know and rode for 2 years before the law was changed. Whats funny is when they were illegal I never got bothered by the police, as soon as they became legal I started getting stopped.

My first engine kit was from Kings motor bikes, I believe back then it was just Kings and someone else offering China Girl kits. I still have that motor and it recently gave out on me with over 14,000 miles.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

Yea for me I was heavily thinking of making my own from some kind of chainsaw motor or something as powerful. and then I saw a you-tube video and thus it began and then about a year ago I found a video of a jack shafted motor, now that is my new obsession lol peace out

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.

Back in the 70's I went too the olympics up in montreal and saw some people riding bikes with a little motor that dropped down on the front tire. I thought back then wow what a great idea. I never saw one again until I did a search on the net for motorized bikes. That was over a year ago and I'm working on my second bike. I've also been working on trying to get my 2 smoke a liscence here in Pa. I started 3 months ago, been rejected twice. I'm working on the third time now. It's a good thing I have all winter. Each time I send it in it takes about 6 weeks to get the rejection back. They seam to be making up the rules as we go along.

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK

I was flipping through a magazine (Can't remember if it was a biker mag or perhaps a rat rod mag) and saw a StriderRides ad in the back. Thought "Whoa, that's kinda neat" a little googling brought me here, and the rest is history.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Over 3 yrs, but just. Carol's bicycle got stolen and I was looking around the net. I happened across one of the few dealers back then. Got so dang excited. I had to have one yesterday. Waited the 2 weeks it took to ship and read every word that had ever been written and posted on the net. Was hooked in the first nanosecond of looking at first pic.

After the all the intolerable waiting and the hair pulling mounting, I rode it about 40 feet. Did not even make it to the end of the front yard and the tensioner went into the spokes. hehe. Think I still hate tensioners and only use them when I have to, to stretch a chain or some thing funky.

These things are amazing! Functional art. Taught/teaching me mechanics, complex math, physics, socialization with fellow MBAs (lets face it, not one "normal" one of us in the bunch, snork) Confidence and the joy of making stuff. Brackets, adapters, mufflers and mounts. There is always a way to make some thing work and that is one of the parts of these I enjoy most. Learning there is always a way.

.fly

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"

WOW!!!! this thread has takin me on a "time warp"!...ala Sherman an Mr.Peabody...an The Way Back Machine......hold on to your handle bars fella's.....way back in the late '60's early '70's i was a Cub /Weblo/Boy Scout..there was a magazine published/named "BOY'S LIFE"....anyone remember it?....well i recall in the classified section an ad to motorize your bicycle!...as well as ads for mini bikes and go-karts...bein a junior gearhead in training i thought that was the coolest thing imaginable...

Then there was a grey plastic faux motorcycle engine that you could bolt on to your bicycle that took batteries? and made a revvin sound....i think it was made by Mattel ...and called a "Vrroom"......?....there was also a plastic machine gun called an "M-16 Maurader"...that was way over the top for the era!...the height of the Vietnam war....i had one an scared the sh&t out of a few of the parents of the day.......

Time went on.....cars/girls/careers came into the picture.....

Then in the past 2 year of relocatin to Florida....i was drivin an got "buzzed" by an older duff on a bike w/a friction kit!....."BING"....HOLY SH&T!....as i looked at the wife....she rolled her eye's.....(i know the look)....oh God no!....as i tried to hide the grin!......well as soon as we got back to the house i fired up the desk top in the shop/garage and spent the rest of the day searchin....my crew so to speak..the younger dads of the 'hood came over...and my neighbor Dane (the surrogate son, an crotch rocket, former bmx pro rider)...was like "maaan ya gonna get ya one?".....no my son...im gonna build me one!.........

Then...i found the Utube's submitted by Foureasy rollin up to the stereo shop?......and a shift kit one by Sick Bike Parts?.......i spent the rest of the nite playin them over and over again thru the surround sound an the flat screen in the shop!......then i found this site!......the hunt was on!......and now im addicted!...no doubt one of the BEST hobbies i've ever encountered/experienced.....totally affordable...not too taxin on the brain....and very satisfyin......ok the bell just rung....history class is over for today.....thanx for the opp to relive a "happy time" of my youth......dance1

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA

First saw on ebay (comfort bikes & cruisers) summer 'o4, bought a 66-80 kit Nov. Just a very few sort of fly-by-night dealers. Paid over $200.00 with shipping! Picked up a Cranbrook from Wolly & did my first build. Three more builds since then. Currently have two motor kits & four classic American bikes & a great '61 Schwinn Tornado frame to play with. Garage is way too cold here so bikes get built in the living room. PERFECT!

Last edited: