Follow up intro

GoldenMotor.com

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Seeing as I’m a new guy, thought I would introduce everyone to my machines. My bike is a Mongoose full suspension with a Staton chain drive, running a Chung Yang R460. I’ve added a secondary muffler and air box to quieten that chain saw sound down a bit. She’s sporting a full 12v lighting system, complete with brake light and turn signals, because I like riding before daylight. Riding down a 4 lane US highway and owning it completely is great.

The wife’s bike is a Pacific full suspension with a Staton friction drive, running a Harbor Freight 52cc water pump engine. No lights because she doesn’t care for the dark. She won’t be riding for a while as she managed to break her right shoulder by flipping herself and the bike, over the front wheel. To add insult to injury (no pun intended), the ditch she landed in was full of poison ivy.

I have been thinking about a major modification for the Mongoose and with some coaching from NEAT TIMES, I’m about ready to start. The single speed has always been a thorn in my side so I’m going to replace my Staton gear box with a pocket bike CVT. Of course, a full report will be posted on this forum. I’ll have to wait until the wife heals, as I’ve become a house husband with all the cooking, cleaning and washing duties.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Were did you get the CVT? I have two and both clutch drums wabel The shaft seems to be bent or made croked> I am going to put them in the laeth and strighten. I don't know if that efects the performance or not but I am going to straighten them anyway