Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Re: liquid cooled ht

Very nice Flybytaco looking forward to your post. That looks like a sweet size radiator!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

glad ya'll are digging it! hope to spark up some more intrest with this thread.. i've been thinking alot lately and came up with this. speed and super hp from a ht are pretty much like flogging a dead horse. I just want to do this for maybee a test to myself I want to hopefully get many trouble free miles out of her and look cool doing it lol

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Awesome Steve. Thanks for posting that. Man, that tank is awesome!

P.S., I love my wally world Point Beech. Don't hate us because we are botifull, Snork

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com

I told you not to make me come over there!

Glad you enjoyed the link. Snordley is a pimp. I'm gonna fab a tank up for my MB sometime soon with him. He brazed that thing out of copper, it's even cooler in person.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

This is an awesome project Jim! Up here I know a guy who modded a Puch moped jug for water cooling and he used a very similar process to yours to accomplish it. The bike is a total ripper. I'll see if I can find a pic for you..

Even better, Linky:

Moped Army - Scoobies Wonderous Crap Mobile
my name is Rick! lol i got the idea from a few people out there that do it to high performance HD's

That puch is sick looks like an electric pump for the antifreeze

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Any up dates? I was digging this. Something different. I was looking forward to seeing it work.

Nate D

Jun 25, 2009
auburn, wa

I think this is a great idea! Cooler is better yes they need to warm up but when you are racing down The stReet at wot they do heat up way past that sweet spot temp so some additional cooling would be nice. Dare to dream flybytaco just go for it man and keep us posted on the results ok.

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

haha thank you Nate. It's good to hear some positive i dream alot but thats when i'm sleeping all day after working all night. So needless to say i have no time to work on my projects.. Need list 1 pump from pbu
2 100$ argon fill
3 time!!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

hey man i havent been here bragging this is gonna be the best thing since sliced toast. I just want to take my time like i have been and do it right the first time... lol

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California

When you start to build real hp out of motors water cooling becomes necessary. Has anyone built enough hp out a china gurl to overheat it? flybytaco its good to see someone putting one of the crazy ideas we've had to fruition. :)

Nate D

Jun 25, 2009
auburn, wa

Just an idea, powering the water pump from the crankshaft will be hard and also rob some power. Just hear me out here... I have an idea :) For about 60 bucks you can get a cpu processor water cooling kit it comes with a pump, tubing and even a little radiator with a fan that is almost identical to the ones used on small dirt bikes. For power reasons remove the radiator fan and just power the pump from the power generated from the magneto. Now at low rpm's you may have a problem so to compensate wire in a very small rechargeable scooter battery so it will be stable at the lower rps and the magneto keeps it charged. Another advantage over crank driven is you can have a switch so you only turn it on once the engine is all warmed up. This is a great idea for all bikes to get better idle at lower rpm when the magneto is not fully awake yet. I might have to try this one myself :)

Attachments

Last edited: