Motorbike Owners In Vegas

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi everyone, I'm looking for fellow motorized bicycle owner's in Las Vegas to hang out and talk shop. Nothing weird, truly on the up-n-up. If you are interested please message me through the forum.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi everyone, I'm looking for fellow motorized bicycle owner's in Las Vegas to hang out and talk shop. Nothing weird, truly on the up-n-up. If you are interested please message me through the forum.
Have you been over to say Hi to Scott at Silver State Cycles in Vegas?
You have to meet his friend Brad too.

One of our racers #808 Dan lives there as well. Dan is the son of Wild Bill.

Aug 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Hello... Hey I live in Las Vegas... I have been wanting to ask the same question... I got into motorized bikes a few months ago... I got a grubbee skyhawk frame and kit combo.. After getting the thing going I have had nothing but motorized bikes on the mind... I dont know of anyone else who enjoys or owns one so it has been a lonely hobby... I live around Charleston and fort Apache... I would love to meet someone else in the hobby... Thanks for starting a thread... looking forward to hearing from ya... brnot.wee.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Hey Napalm yes I'm in the same boat, or "on the same bike...lol Since I started building 5 months ago I am consumed by these little rattle traps. I live on the eastside near Sahara and Sloan. I've only seen 1 other bike in town. Where is everyone hiding? I'll send you my number. Check your messages and give me a call.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Have you been over to say Hi to Scott at Silver State Cycles in Vegas?
You have to meet his friend Brad too.

One of our racers #808 Dan lives there as well. Dan is the son of Wild Bill.
Yes I've been meaning to drop by for some shop talk and bench racing... Do you know what bench racing is? lol
dance1

Aug 6, 2013
Las Vegas
.flg. Hey thanks for the info... Yeah i seen your bike on another thread.. Its really nicely done... I mean really nicelly done.. I love the skyhawk frame.. I wasnt able to make mine that nice... Used parts that i had for mine... My skyhawk motor runs good.. could be faster... But i love just puttin around the streets.. I really surprised more folks dont do this to there bikes.. Massdrive where do you ride your bike.. I wish there was like a motorbike club here in Las Vegas.. I try to post a pic of my bike... Hey thanks for talking with me.. brnot

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
.flg. Hey thanks for the info... Yeah i seen your bike on another thread.. Its really nicely done... I mean really nicelly done.. I love the skyhawk frame.. I wasnt able to make mine that nice... Used parts that i had for mine... My skyhawk motor runs good.. could be faster... But i love just puttin around the streets.. I really surprised more folks dont do this to there bikes.. Massdrive where do you ride your bike.. I wish there was like a motorbike club here in Las Vegas.. I try to post a pic of my bike... Hey thanks for talking with me.. brnot
Really cool bike, and you just named the club too, "LVMB Las Vegas Motorbike Brethren". Lets Ride!! I sent you my phone number check your forum privet message box and give me a call. Lets Ride...

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Hello... Hey I live in Las Vegas... I have been wanting to ask the same question... I got into motorized bikes a few months ago... I got a grubbee skyhawk frame and kit combo.. After getting the thing going I have had nothing but motorized bikes on the mind... I dont know of anyone else who enjoys or owns one so it has been a lonely hobby... I live around Charleston and fort Apache... I would love to meet someone else in the hobby... Thanks for starting a thread... looking forward to hearing from ya... brnot.wee.
napalm, I'm trying to get in contact with you. Left my phone # in your forum private message box. The weekend is almost over and I was hoping to go for a ride and talk motorized bicycles with you.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Hey guys,
I just saw your Vegas post in the other motorized bicycle forums and replied. I am in Vegas too and would love to have someone to go out for a ride once in a while. The Lake Mead River Trail Loop is a blast on an motorized bicycle (and quite tiring on a regular bike). **** I have even taken the 100 round trip to Pahrump on an motorized bicycle, (but that is a whole other story). I am not a hard core motorhead, but I found that motorbikes are great for being able to get out and survive in the summer sun. So PM me or email me at risingsunn at gmail d ot com. I live right up the street from you burning at Flamingo and Ft Apache.

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey Vegas friends, I'm in CA and thinking of taking a trip to Vegas and driving my bike down the strip and around the town. Will the cops give me a hard time? Do I need any kind of license or plate?

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
First read up on the law http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=10880

I do not ride a lot through metro Vegas but as with anywhere the less attention you draw to yourself the better. The more you look and sound like a normal bicycle the less cops will pay attention to you. I had to ride past a cop once that had pulled someone over and, to stay as inconspicuous as possible, I killed my engine and pedaled past him for a dozen yards.

I have yet to take my motorized bike on the Strip. There are generally far more bike cops then car cops and they will pay attention to you if you are loud or interfering with traffic. There is really no way of riding on the sidewalks with the shear number of pedestrians, and there are no bike lanes or shoulders for most of way. So it would really be a gamble whether a cop would give you a ticket or not. Not to mention it depends on the cop too, and whether or not they know the law, if they are having a good day or even if they are just a plain dick.
So just use some common sense I can also recommend a couple more scenic and longer rides while you are in town too.

http://rivermountainstrail.com/trail map/rmtpmaps.htm

http://goo.gl/maps/N0dPD.

Both rides are great! Let me know when you are in town and maybe we can go riding together.

Last edited:

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Ya what he said.
Although Las Vegas may be the scooter capital of the USA I have only seen 3 motorized bicycles here and I own 2 of them.. Besides the many "dickhead" cops on the strip I would be more concerned about the dickhead driver's looking everywhere but the road. Traffic on the strip is insane...

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Okay, thanks for the replies. I just thought it might be fun to ride down the strip, at night, with all the lights and everything. I will probably do it anyway just because I want to. :) I have a DOT helmet and rear and front lights. I don't ride like a crazy person and I always obey traffic laws. I'm just glad I don't need a motorcycle license or a plate. I will be traveling in my motorhome and was thinking of staying at Kings Row RV Park, near where Fremont Street turns into Boulder Highway. Once I am parked, I will use the bike to get around. I was thinking of staying a week since the RV park rents a spot with full hookups for only $80/wk + electricity and tax, that's a great deal!! The only thing I am not sure of is when I will go. I was thinking of waiting until after New Year or maybe even waiting until early spring depending on the weather, so I'm not sure exactly what dates yet. I might even bring a friend who has a motorbike too (if he wants to go), we ride together all the time around here. Anyhow, thanks for the info Risingsunn, those trails look awesome to ride! I would love to try the one by Lake Mead. It would be great to ride with you guys, locals always know the best places to go. I will let you know when I will be in town.
.wee.

Last edited:

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Tyler I didn't men to rain on your parade friend. Las Vegas Blvd, "the strip" is truly amazing the first time one experiences it at night for sure. It is one of those places in the world where the wealthy, the healthy, the poor, the sickly, and every one in between converge together in unorganized organized madness. It is beautiful and ugly, it is safe and dangerous, it is fun and disturbing, and much more.

As I said before the traffic is insane. Pedestrians up on the sidewalk often move faster than traffic on the Blvd. Also it is illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk anywhere in Las Vegas... How crazy it that!

I've been ridding motorcycles for well over 40 years and the strip is the only place I can go where I feel intimidated and truly vulnerable. I always assume that everyone around me will do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

On the other hand you can travel just outside the city and enjoy truly amazing experience's in the desert. Red Rock Canyon is just minutes from the Blvd and is a very popular place to bicycle. Traveling east just outside the city is Lake Mead National Recreation Area. One hour to the northeast is Valley of Fire State Park. One hour to the northwest is Mt. Charleston. To the south is Mojave National Preserve.

I don't advocate riding your motorized bicycle to these destinations, but certainly encourage you to go by car and than unload your motorized bicycle and have a great time. Spring and autumn are the best times. Winter is ok too, but in the summer it is brutally hot and you can easily suffer from dehydration and/or heat exhaustion and/or fatal heat stroke in less than 1 hour. Forget about the snakes, scorpions, spiders, coyotes, mountain lions, and bobcats, and in some cases the bighorn sheep, the most dangerous thing about the desert is the hot arid climate. When it is 110 degrees and there is not so much as a stick of shade one mile may as well be 100 miles and you may or may not have a cell phone signal. I always travel with more water than I think I need and ware a hat every where I go.