No weld gas tank?

GoldenMotor.com

motorstumpy

Oct 17, 2013
Hollywood
I am fed up with the stock tear drop tanks!
:-||
The leaking studs are so annoying! I am thinking I just need to make my own as I will not pony up $100 for a general 5star or alike.

I am toying with the idea of two 1 qt. paint cans stacked on top of each other and then laid down on the top tube. Connected by a brass nipple in the bottom of the first and lid of the second. Then a brass bushing and plug for the fill cap.

It is by no means perfect but I need a solution! I do not have a welder and do not really want to spend more then $50.

PLEASE HELP!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've only used stock tanks (so far) but from what I've seen around here there are many options for replacing a stock tank.. just about anything that'll hold gas and can be fitted with a petcock can work. Do a site search and take a look around at what alternates some members have come up with.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
My next build will sport an in frame tank, not aluminum but steel (per culvercityclassic suggestion) because I don't have the skills to weld aluminum.

Also there is a thread about using one or two fuel bottles as a tank. Might do that little changero on my first build.

Dan.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
if you know a plumber how about a 12 inch piece of 4 inch PVC pipe into glue on CAPS drill tap put a cap . Then juice-n- goose !

motorstumpy

Oct 17, 2013
Hollywood
Well folks I think I may end up using a pineapple juice can. Then make a wooden cradle for it out of oak or some thing. I will update with pics as I go.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Juice can or pvc pipe are both good choices.... I actually have an idea for a very good rear mount tank that I plan to build but wont reveal what it will be made of since the materials can be very dangerous to work with, but I know how to deal with them safely so I'll will build it when I have time and then stress the only safe way to deal with the materials after I get it done and show it on forum.

I know what I've said here will raise questions .....lol! But for safety reasons Im not gonna say what ill be doing on open forum.

Best wishes on the juice can tank....!

Map

Last edited: