Alternative clutch lever?

GoldenMotor.com

SuedePflow

Jun 12, 2013
Coloma, MI
Is there an alternative locking clutch lever for the chinese 49cc motor? I'd prefer something a little more compact and not designed to attach to the handlebars.

Probably anything will be better than what I have for what I'm wanting to do. So I'm completely open to suggestions.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
Not sure what you have in mind but you could probably use an old thumb shifter like this one.
If you make a bracket you could mount one of these anywhere. Not sure if it would be strong enough to hold the clutch pressure though. Another option would be a twist grip shifter.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
there's the idea of the 'rocker' style clutch that uses the same principle as the mouse-trap assister (also same as garage door springs)

just make one that rotates past the pivot point and the clutch spring will hold it there

SuedePflow

Jun 12, 2013
Coloma, MI
there's the idea of the 'rocker' style clutch that uses the same principle as the mouse-trap assister (also same as garage door springs)

just make one that rotates past the pivot point and the clutch spring will hold it there
I love that idea. That would be incredibly simple to build from scrathc and mount anywhere...