GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
"Where and what do I lubricate?"
This question comes up from time to time and members try to help by explaining the critical areas that the Chinese 2 stroke engine requires lubrication above the obvious such as chains and the oil mixed with the fuel.

I thought I would spend some time and put together a pictorial to help show where and how to assure that your China Girl gets lubed properly.

The photos should be self explanitory so I won't elaborate much more.

Hopefully this will assist new builders and can be linked to when the question arises in the future. I'm making this a sticky and it is a closed thread. If you have questions or comments please feel free to PM me regarding the information provided here.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Proceeding to the right side we remove the gear cover revealing the primary and secondary gears. Again the photos should not need explanation except to stress that the amount of grease should not exceed the recommendation. Over lubricating here can eventually cause clutch slippage and burning odors.

Frequency of lube cycles is dependent on your riding style and miles/time. Riders who use their bikes daily to commute to work/school obviously will need to relubricate more often than the biker who rides a couple of times a week for short durations. You'll need to be the judge and check the parts identified to see how your last lube job is holding up and schedule your lubrication based on how things look.

The areas shown typically are lubricated from the factory but they need to be lubed with a good quality bearing grease prior to riding for the first time.

Please feel free to PM me if you have suggestions to make this thread more valuable to our new members.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.