Swee' Pea

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
This is my favorite 4 stroke set up so far.4G with SBP shift kit makes for a smoothe and quiet ride.I run a 10t to 36t and a 13-28 rear freewheel.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool thumper. Did the springer fork come with posts to mount the V-brakes or did you weld them on?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
That's an awesome build. that motor looks like it means busines! What are those tires? 1.75? The street tread should roll!

I got two 1.75 tires like that at a local store for $10 each. This summer they were out, and everything else is up in price. Did you get those local or somewhere online?

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx...Tires came with the bike and are 2.125. The rims are also 2.125 not original to the bike. Thinking about 2.50 tires. Motor sits in the frame very nice on these Schwinn Jaguars.

jon.karak

Apr 7, 2011
U.S.A.
4G with SBP shift kit makes for a smoothe and quiet ride.I run a 10t to 36t and a 13-28 rear freewheel.
I'm really impressed by your setup. Makes me want to build my own. Could you provide some more specifics? In particular, did you fabricate the tube-shims? What kind of saddle is that? How does the 4G interact with the shift kit? It looks like your 4G has a more slender profile than the one on the bicycle engines website. What are you using for a clutch? Does the pulley ever "bite" at your legs? Personally, I would feel a bit nervous straddling that bike without a protective cover.

I currently use a GruBee Stage III Gear box, and it has an centrifugal clutch with a cable-controlled engager. Its really noisy while riding, especially under load. I've put on over 1,000 miles and now I'm ready for an overhaul. I think your setup would resolve some of the nagging issues I've had so far.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I started with the stage III and switch to the 4g for the Honda.That is the one you want to go with your motor.Centrifical clutch,shims are mad out of an old pair of forks I cut to length and then in half,fits the shiftkit with no proplem and I use bands on by pants cuffs when riding to keep them out of the flywheel and the pulley.The 4g and the shift kit run great together and it is very quiet!

jon.karak

Apr 7, 2011
U.S.A.
Is your centrifugal clutch stock? The one pictured by the retailer has a bit of a conical shape that adds about an inch to the overall width of the transmission. See the round "detail" picture in the upper left.

Here is a picture from a different retailer.

The thing that confuses me is that yours is completely flush. Did you specifically ask for the flush version, or is that what is sold nowadays? Like I said, I really like your setup. I want to make sure I can get the same parts.

And how do you like running without the engager? I always disengage the drive when I stop to reduce wear-and-tear on the clutch. Has your centrifugal clutch suffered by always being "on"?

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
You have the HS motor that is the same as the Honda.When you order you need to get the 4G that fits the honda.The other 4G is for the HS that has the clutch pack built into the motor.Thats why it is shaped like that.Go to Grubee site and check out some of the pictures.Here is on ofe the back of mine.This unit has no engager.

Attachments

jon.karak

Apr 7, 2011
U.S.A.
Do you have the Hua Sheng engine installed on your bike or the Honda? Mine is a Hua Sheng and according to the photos, it looks like the Honda requires a longer drive-shaft.

See the image I found on the grubee web site. Notice the line drawing, and the length of the Honda drive-shaft.

How can the Hua Sheng shaft be adapted to fit the Honda-specific part?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
If you have the stage III on your bike you have the same Huasheng as me.It has the same size shaft as the Honda it is a clone of the honda.The picture of the honda with the 4g is the same as my Hs with the 4g.The picture of the Hs above is the F142 cc.Ours is the F142 (No cc) which is the same as the Honda.