International Harvester tribute bike

GoldenMotor.com

Tomasito

Apr 8, 2011
Argentina
I just wanna say that your bike is awesome, you sir did a very very nice job there, i could not belive that it was the very same bike when i first saw the photos :D
I love the air filter cover, it's homemade? Any tips with that? I might wanna steal your design :p
Well, and the paint-job is just the best man, i really don't know how you did that.

PS: Sorry for my english, it isn't my first language.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me bizcotch, what acids did you use and how do you apply them? Do you dip the frame in there or paint it on then rinse or neutralize the acid off the frame. What do you do with the spent acid? I'm sorry for the twenty questions, the look of that bike is too cool. I don't know much about business. Everybody likes the results. You could probably make a living off that patina. Thankyou bizcotch.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
That paint really makes the bike. It would have looked at home parked beside the old M tractor that I used to have. A really fine job, very nice.

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
That bike ran very good on the last ride! The exhaust note was perfect, just like the rest of the bike. I've got to get your boy to make me a pipe...
Thanks! let me or shawn know when you want to get a pipe made. Im gonna make one for my army bike as well...I just havent had time lately due to work.

I just wanna say that your bike is awesome, you sir did a very very nice job there, i could not belive that it was the very same bike when i first saw the photos :D
I love the air filter cover, it's homemade? Any tips with that? I might wanna steal your design :p
Well, and the paint-job is just the best man, i really don't know how you did that.

PS: Sorry for my english, it isn't my first language.
Thanks for the comments. The air filter is basically made of perforated steel that we had laying around in the shop. luckily, we have punch presses with molds/dies to create the shape.brnot Let me know how your project turns out. Good Luck.wee.

Excuse me bizcotch, what acids did you use and how do you apply them? Do you dip the frame in there or paint it on then rinse or neutralize the acid off the frame. What do you do with the spent acid? I'm sorry for the twenty questions, the look of that bike is too cool. I don't know much about business. Everybody likes the results. You could probably make a living off that patina. Thankyou bizcotch.
Hi ZEAN, I'll send you a message on the process. thanks!

That paint really makes the bike. It would have looked at home parked beside the old M tractor that I used to have. A really fine job, very nice.
Thank you sir. dance1 IH are awesome!

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I enjoyed seeing your bike and hearing that almost silly unique exhaust at the Long Beach ride. Pictures don't do it justice and YT can't capture the sound, that thing looks like it has years of stories to tell if only it could talk. Even if some of those years is BS :D

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Well!!! How cool is that?!? Isn't it just amazing what all a guy can do with just a motorized bike. And this one isn't just another Board-tracker either, he went for the vintage cruiser look. And nailed it. And it isn't another Indian tribute either. It's something totally different. And he made the unexpected look really good. My envy knows no bounds. That's a NICE bike, man.

Squirrelly

Feb 18, 2011
Kansas
Would you happen to have any advice, pictures, or hints about the construction of your amazing expansion chamber? I will be building my own for my 48cc this weekend. That looks like its tuned pretty well.

Aaron Nelson

Jul 22, 2010
MilesCity, Montana
Awesome. Words can't describe it.

Now, about the bird poo....if you really want it use white chalk.
Take the chalk stick and sand it down into a nice pile of dust.
Mix it with clear epoxy, and splatter it on.
Instant water proof poo.

I do this on model cars I want to look old, on a smaller scale of course .
Anyway just an idea .

Once again, nice bike.