Am new---Need help

GoldenMotor.com

gasequoia

Aug 11, 2008
Have just bought FDR-335 Robin-Subaru 4 cycle 33.5cc 1.6 hp kit from New Staton-inc. Does anyone know anything about this company and does anyone know anything about the kit i bought. It is friction drive with duel supports. Fine time to ask but I just found this site. Also bought a 2 cycle from Boysgofast. Have it on bike but cannot get to crank up. Lost about 10 pounds and broke chain trying. any help appreciated

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Can't help you on the subaru, but a couple things to check on the china engine. Lots of people have had trouble with the kill switch. Don't even hook it up. Start out without it hooked up. Do you have an inline fuel filter on your fuel line? If not get one. Here's some more stuff to check. http://motorbicycling.com/f30/bicycle-motor-preperation-care-354.html

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.......................

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Gasequoia, Welcome. The Friction Drives Are The Easiest To Work With. Run Enough Air Pressure In Your Tires. Not To Much Pressure On The Drive Roller. Maybe A Slime Tube In The Rear Tire(wally World).the Robin Eng Is Said To Be Very Good Engine. (^) This Forum Is The Greatest Thing For Learning About The Subject. Enjoy. Ron I SUGGEST THAT YOU PUT THE FRICTION DRIVE TOGETHER AND HAVE FUN WITH IT WHILE YOU READ THE POST AND TUNE YOUR CHINA BIKE. THE GUYS ON THE FORUM HAVE COVERED ABOUT EVERYTHING. THEY ARE ALL HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION OR SEND YOU TO THE RITE POSTS.

Radmanfly

Jul 28, 2008
Oswego, NY
www.farleysradiator.com
Have just bought FDR-335 Robin-Subaru 4 cycle 33.5cc 1.6 hp kit from New Staton-inc. Does anyone know anything about this company and does anyone know anything about the kit i bought. It is friction drive with duel supports. Fine time to ask but I just found this site. Also bought a 2 cycle from Boysgofast. Have it on bike but cannot get to crank up. Lost about 10 pounds and broke chain trying. any help appreciated
Are you getting spark? If so, how about fuel?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The way to trouble shoot the engine is to go about it systematically. One thing at a time. First check to see if the plug is wet after you try starting it. If the plug is wet you have gas. If the plug is not wet you have gas supply issues lots of things could cause that.

Then you need to check for spark if the bike has spark and the plug is wet, then you have an air gas mixture problem. But you have to eliminate things to trouble shoot it.

So look at your plug for wet first.
Then if you can put it up on blocks and remove the plug. Lay the plug on the head then spin the rear wheel with the clutch NOT engaged. Look for a spark on the plug element.

If you have one or the other or both check back for more help...

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
then spin the rear wheel with the clutch NOT engaged.
Actually the clutch should be engaged. When it's engaged, spinning the tire will spin the motor. When it's disengaged, nothing would happen.

I think what he's trying to say is don't have the clutch lever pulled.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
DEACON, GOOD MORNING TO YOU. CLUTCH INGAGED, NOT INGAGED. I FOLLOW YOUR LOGICAL THINKING. SQUEEZE LEVER=INGAGED. RELEASE LEVER=NOT INGAGED. IT IS JUST THE REVERSE. IT IS AN EASY MISTAKE. I `M STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH TINYPIC. I GET THE PASTE OPTION AND HIGHLITE THE FORUM LINE, CLICK ON PASTE AND NOTHING. THANKS, RON:ride:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
DEACON, GOOD MORNING TO YOU. CLUTCH INGAGED, NOT INGAGED. I FOLLOW YOUR LOGICAL THINKING. SQUEEZE LEVER=INGAGED. RELEASE LEVER=NOT INGAGED. IT IS JUST THE REVERSE. IT IS AN EASY MISTAKE. I `M STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH TINYPIC. I GET THE PASTE OPTION AND HIGHLITE THE FORUM LINE, CLICK ON PASTE AND NOTHING. THANKS, RON:ride:
Do this instead high light the forum line then press "control key and the c key" at the same time. That will copy it to your clipboard.

Then switch to the forum and place the curser where you want the pic to be, then press the control key and the v key at the same time. I will paste your address link into the message. You should not need to do anything else.

And yes my thinking is often backwards and I'm glad to have the fact check from you guys there is nothing worse than giving bad intel to a new member.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had a really bad air leak in mine and it wouldn't start. I fixed that and it worked just fine. You might want to seal the intake manifold if you haven't already.