Felt MP Into A Limited Speed Motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hey Terry, no pics yet but got all the paint on the tank mount today before coming to work an afternoon shift but am off 4 days starting Wed.. It's 61 F. and sunny and GORGEOUS in Muncie today. Will do some pix after putting the tank on tomorrow!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Bad News From motorcycle inspection facility is that in Canada transportation authority has put in enforcement that vehicles that did not come with a hi way compliance VIN number from the manufacturer will not be aloud on the roads. This includes motorcycles that have been made into street bikes that where dirt bikes so what the boils down to I just got humped by ICBC insurance corp British Columbia here is a link to the bulletin from the minister of hi ways Canada http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicl...F/bulletins/090914_bulletin_5_motorcycles.pdf

SO THIS ENTIRE THEAD AND BUILD WAS A GIANT WAST OF MY TIME AND MONEY I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIES TO ALL THE MEMBERS FOR WASTING YOUR TIME AND HOPES THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO ME I WAS TOLD BY ICBC THAT THIS WOULD BE NOT A PROBLEM TO DO AND NOW NOTHING

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Bad News From motorcycle inspection facility is that in Canada transportation authority has put in enforcement that vehicles that did not come with a hi way compliance VIN number from the manufacturer will not be aloud on the roads. This includes motorcycles that have been made into street bikes that where dirt bikes so what the boils down to I just got humped by ICBC insurance corp British Columbia here is a link to the bulletin from the minister of hi ways Canada http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicl...F/bulletins/090914_bulletin_5_motorcycles.pdf

SO THIS ENTIRE THEAD AND BUILD WAS A GIANT WAST OF MY TIME AND MONEY I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIES TO ALL THE MEMBERS FOR WASTING YOUR TIME AND HOPES THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO ME I WAS TOLD BY ICBC THAT THIS WOULD BE NOT A PROBLEM TO DO AND NOW NOTHING
So it appears BC too has aligned itself with the federal CMVSS/CMVSA with regards to what they will or will not register for "legal" road use. Sadly this seems to be a common theme all across Canada :rolleyes:

I wouldn't fret Terry and you get an A+ for effort in my books. You tried to do the "right" thing and were told to piss off by your government...could be an advantageous position to be in one day possibly.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
This is the RULE across Canada...my ? is where does the Whizzer stand in this.
We can't buy them new here anymore and for all intents and purposes you can't import a complete used or new one either. You might get lucky and find a good used one that happened to land here before the government mandated a compliance sticker on everything that might harm us but for sure Whizzers are very rare up here.

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
Good job Terry! I appreciate this whole thread. I read it from beginning to end.. I'm sorry about what those folks had to say about legalizing your sweet machine.

You're build has inspired me and many others.

THANK YOUUU!!!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I thank you from the bottom of my heart this project was way to much work and money and I would not do an MP again. Mostly because of the finished weight 115 lbs. And the fact that there is no sprockets available for the Shimmano nexus III speed coaster hub. That and the thread less steering head dual crown forks are rare in cruiser bikes and it is hard to find front suspension that will accommodate good front brakes. I have been waiting since November for my custom sprocket and adapter and I can't complain to hard because no one will make one except one guy. And after that he will never make any more ever. I have learned a lot from this build as it was my first build I know I could have done a better job than what I have done because of money constrains. There are just a few things that can be improved on the MP that is it needs leather saddle bags on the rear rack and some small metal ones on the front that would make it look more like the real 1942 Harley MP. A good shifter kit would take care of one of the things wrong with this project but once again more money. If you are rich it would be all good but that I am not and I fact I have not worked since Dec 23 2009. All said it is a real pleasure to ride real smooth and the looks I get are priceless. The thing that hurts the most about this project is that this was to be my company flag ship and generate sales now it is just a cool looking bicycle and it will never generate sale because gas powered bicycles are illegal in Canada
Thanks again
Terry

Last edited:

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Terry,

As you know your build is the standard for MP builds (Magical Pancake, as well). I totally agree that unless you are ready to spend untold funds and the frustration of non-availability of critical parts (i.e., sprocket adapter); the Felt MP is not for the average builder.

The good news, there will be only a few built; making them that much more awesome to behold.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well hello every one
Just when you thought you would not hear about the MP any more well here we are with some great up grades so here are the pics

SANY0137.jpg

SANY0139.jpg This picture shows the HD axle kits with my new custom billet sprockets they come in size 26 tooth to 80 tooth and are available in 9 different colors.

SANY0144.jpg In this picture you can see the dérailleur for the 5 speed cassette of witch I now sell for the HD axle kits but I have not put them on my website yet.For those that caught it the dérailleur is stretched to the max and needs more chain added of witch will be done tomorrow.

SANY0145.jpg In this pic you can see the 5 speed cassette

SANY0146.jpg In this pic you can see the billet sprocket this sprocket is a pro-to type and dose not have the holes drill out like the ones I sell. Also in this picture I installed the HD axle Non free wheel, I went with a 46 tooth in midnight black. Now normally 46 tooth is too small for the 49cc 4 stroke so I installed the 10 tooth non free wheel shaft and keys in the 4G T Belt Drive transmission. Doing this has made my bike perform the same as it did when it was in stock trim with one added bonus depending on what your need s are. This has given me engine braking and the clutch dose not disengage until 12 MPH this was the bonus but the bad part is that it is harder to pedal . The reason for this is the chain turns with the wheel and also turns the transmission creating lots of drag. For me I don't care I wanted the engine braking but there are people that want to pedal and for them I have the HD axle kits with a free wheel and this will eliminate all parasitic drag and can be easily pedaled again. If you are interested in any of these up grades you know where to reach me.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Big D Biker

May 26, 2016
Texas

Hi Terry would you know where I can get 12v generator for the
HuaSheng 49cc with Centrifugal Clutch Engine Only (4-stroke) I would love to have something like this to have lights without batteries.