Horn connected to engine??????

GoldenMotor.com

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
Is there any ways to connect a Horn to engine????

I don't mind loosing power when horn is presszpt

Anyone have any ideas???

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
have you try an air horn i have one on my trike and it holds about 60 psi of air and trust peopledoes hear me when i honk my horn the website where i got mine is usabikemotors.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Finding a 6v horn isn't that tough - but finding one with as low an amperage/wattage as to not immediately shut off the engine might be a bit tricky. Loosing power would be fine - but I suspect it'd act as a kill switch & defeat the purpose.

I've a vintage headlight with a horn built in, designed for a mere 3v instead of 6 it might work... but I've a generator hub so I've not tried it... for this I'd suggest batteries (headlight horn combo is common) or even an air horn like city of angles suggested *shrug*

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I cant' remember seeing one on a bike, but who knows if someday someone will ?
I've seen one on an old Harley but I doubt it would work on a little china girl engine. Since they work off of engine vacuum to get them to work well (even on a V8) you have to rev the engine up, close the throttle and you can get a quick WHOOO WHOO out of them before there isn't enough vacuum left.

I have to agree with city of angels though, the AIRZOUND is one of the most effective bike horns I've ever seen.

YouTube - AirZound vs LL08VSV

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
Finding a 6v horn isn't that tough - but finding one with as low an amperage/wattage as to not immediately shut off the engine might be a bit tricky. Loosing power would be fine - but I suspect it'd act as a kill switch & defeat the purpose.

I've a vintage headlight with a horn built in, designed for a mere 3v instead of 6 it might work... but I've a generator hub so I've not tried it... for this I'd suggest batteries (headlight horn combo is common) or even an air horn like city of angles suggested *shrug*
Them generator head lights and tail lights combo
Would a mini horn work off this instead of lights??
This only creats very small power??

I was thinking about putting a small 6 volt motorbike battery
But i don't want to recharge it every time it goes flat....
So connect it to white wire????zpt

But then i have problem of to many amps in the battery might do damage??

What do you think of this???

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
have you try an air horn i have one on my trike and it holds about 60 psi of air and trust peopledoes hear me when i honk my horn the website where i got mine is usabikemotors.com
Is this the one connected to a water bottle thingy????

They look good
How many times can you press the horn ..
With 60psi???.trk

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Them generator head lights and tail lights combo
Would a mini horn work off this instead of lights??
This only creats very small power??
Probably, but I dunno for sure - I have a Sturmey Archer Dyno Hub, X-FDD: Sturmey Archer

...but even one of those bottle gens that run off a tire might work, it'd be worth a shot *shrug*

I was thinking about putting a small 6 volt motorbike battery
But i don't want to recharge it every time it goes flat....
So connect it to white wire????zpt

But then i have problem of to many amps in the battery might do damage??

What do you think of this???
The output of the white wire is so marginal I really doubt it'd do any damage, in fact I doubt it'd even manage to keep a battery topped of should you use a headlight...

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
In regards to the 6V batt idea. I had one of these set-ups on a MB I sold. Worked great for my Headlight & Taillight never had a horn but I'm sure it would have worked.

HT 6v Charging System w/- ground - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

Like I said it worked great for the time I had it. It only cost me around $25.00 for all the parts. (Not including the lights).
hey there
I bought some led head lights and tail light
The front is 52 led needs 3 aa batterys
The rear 5 led needs 2 aa batterys
Most Normal aa battery 1.2 volts each?? total 6 volts???? Some are 1.5 volt..

So instead of buying batterys Do you think these will run of the engines white wire??zpt
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ahh - so now the (my) question would be, how to charge 12v DC accessories (like an mp3 player) off a 6v DC sys?

;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

orly?

dance1

I hate tryin' to figure out electrics - "ZOT!!! ...hmm ...guess that's not it then o_O" is about the best I can do heh

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Funny.. I'm no electrician either. Just a poor broke SOB that is determined to find a way. laff
I have to I have no other way around and it's too far for me to walk anywhere here.