New guy from Indiana

GoldenMotor.com

henry57

Nov 4, 2012
Evansville IN
Hello,

I've been reading through this forum for a couple of weeks, and just decided to join.

I recently picked up a 66cc 2 stroke engine kit,
and I'm installing it on an old 63 Schwinn hornet I have.

I've learned a lot from reading through these threads, and it looks like everyone seems to help each other out.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions when I do get around to starting this thing.

I'll post some pics in a little bit, looking for the memory card.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. There's always help available if/when you need it.
You have a classic frame to start with and it is going to make a good platform for a motorized bicycle.
Take some time and do a little searching to read about the hazards and fixes for fenders. They can look good and keep the water out of your face and engine but they need some work or they can be dangerous. Try here> http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=14032

Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Greetings fellow Hoosier! You've started with a nice frame. I have an identical handle bar that's going on my bike. It came from an old 50's/60's Schwinn which broke in half recently. I'd definitely consider removing those fenders. They're not made to withstand the vibrations you'll be having with that motor kit. Having a fender come loose at 25+ usually doesn't end well.

So, are you anywhere near southern Indiana, as in the Jeffersonville, New Albany, Clarksville area? If so, we could go ride sometime. I know some pretty awesome routes around here. I also know of a lot of basically abandoned gravel roads that run through miles of fields and forests, if you're interested.

Well, wherever you are, I wish you good, safe riding. Don't forget your helmet. :)

henry57

Nov 4, 2012
Evansville IN
Wow! Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for letting me know about the fenders.

BoDean,
I'm about 110 miles from Louisville west on I-64.

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
I just realized that every member's location is listed right above their posts, so yeah, now I see that you're in Evansville. I go through there every now and then. It's a BIG town.

110 miles isn't too far of a ride . . .

Have you ever been to Garden of the Gods in Illinois? It's about 70 miles from you. That place is BEAUTIFUL. That area is one of my favorite places to go. There are great camping areas around there, and the view from up on the rocks is just AMAZING.

Last edited: