harbor freight 79cc ?!?

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Could someone tell me if this motor has been discontinued?

If so,anyone want to sell one in usable shape? I will be getting parts from agk so at least running condition.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Could someone tell me if this motor has been discontinued?

If so,anyone want to sell one in usable shape? I will be getting parts from agk so at least running condition.
It was replaced with the 99cc Predator, why not just get the Pred instead? 20cc more displacment won't hurt powerwise ;)

dnut

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Mainly trying to stay legal. I'm in oklahoma and the law is 125cc now but its being changed to 80cc I think.

Or some people are trying to get it changed would be more precise.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Mainly trying to stay legal. I'm in oklahoma and the law is 125cc now but its being changed to 80cc I think.

Or some people are trying to get it changed would be more precise.
All I can say is "good luck" then on your quest for a Greyhound 79cc. They are still around here and there so don't give up. If you have HF nearby, check with them frequently for one that may have been returned for whatever reason.....ya never know.

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Its actually 150cc (WOW!) with a design speed of no more than 30mph (WTF?) regardless of cylinders.

And thanks. I can already tell its going to be all uphill on this search.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Damn aleman,that's exactly what I was looking for. I was going ro buy it piece by piece......I'll be in contact

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Hey aleman,I have this bright idea and need you to school me on chain size,pitch,etc. one more time.

If I have a #35 sprocket could I use #41 or #415.

I think you may have told me before but.....

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
If someone else is also looking for a 79cc Greyhound. I have one I never used on a project. Put oil in it and started it up once just to see that all was well. Don't have the box anymore, but the motor is just as it was coming out of the box. P.M. me with an offer if you're looking for one.
SB

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Is there any chance that if you built it now, and it is currently legal, that it could be "grandfatheted" in" if the laws change? Like older cars and motortcycles that don't have turn siginals or seatbelts, smog control ect are still legal.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
The #35 chain and sprocket are for another project with my 4G tranny. After the one way went out,I j.b. Welded it and now I miss the freewheel. So I am trying to change it to a chain drive. Is there a sprocket that will work with #35 chain other than a #35 sprocket?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The #35 chain and sprocket are for another project with my 4G tranny. After the one way went out,I j.b. Welded it and now I miss the freewheel. So I am trying to change it to a chain drive. Is there a sprocket that will work with #35 chain other than a #35 sprocket?
Sprockets for 35 chain are available in a huge range of sizes from go kart suppliers for reasonable prices.
What size sprockets are you looking for?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I need a 36 tooth that can be drilled to fit on a freewheel from sbp,staton Inc.,that's dax,etc. I think the inner diameter is 1 3/4"

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I've been looking for a formula or a calculator to determine outer diameter of a #35 sprocket. Anybody know what I'm talking about here?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Open the DIY forum and there's a calculator in the first thread. Don't know about how to determine diameter If you know the teeth count that you need, call a supplier and ask them to give you the diameter.