WWII WLA tribute w/sidecar

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Looking at the frame pic its amazing just how complex some of these builds get! Gonna be a great ride for your Dad. Great build! Are you going to use a battery? My Lifan bike does not, just runs the lighting coils, works well enough, had issues with it blowing bulbs, but got that worked out.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thanks, CB2, Im going to run a battery for a lawn tractor. This build will have duel head lights 1 on the bike and 1 on the side car as well as turn signals, brake light, tail light and a small wattage radio for his MP3 player. However all lights will be LED. The frame did end up a little more than I had planned but it must be safe and solid. I just hope its not too much for that 125cc 4speed. With my Dad being as impateint as he is, this has become a 2nd job. Its close to finished then I can start on my 1909 and 1913 HD tribute builds, no sidecars on either of them.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
How many times does your Dad come out to see how far along it is?

I'm not a whole lot younger that your Dad is and I know how he feels about waiting. You want to get some riding in while you can and be able brag to everyone you see and know about how your son made it for you. It's fun to watch thier faces because thier sons can't change a light bulb and get the right end in the socket first try. There is just something about Dad pride.

Beautiful build.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
How many times does your Dad come out to see how far along it is?

I'm not a whole lot younger that your Dad is and I know how he feels about waiting. You want to get some riding in while you can and be able brag to everyone you see and know about how your son made it for you. It's fun to watch thier faces because thier sons can't change a light bulb and get the right end in the socket first try. There is just something about Dad pride.

Beautiful build.

Steve.
Thanks Steve Its coming along nicely should be finished in a week or so. He's here 2 times a week since I purchased the tubing, its cool I get to spend some extra time with him.

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I did manage to get the frame painted, prematurely. I forgot both the brake stays and brake lever brakets for the rear wheel and the ones for the sidecar. OOOPS!!! The nice thing about flat paint it touches up nicely. Here are the pics of the almost completed frame.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That's good. I was just about to say sorry to see your dog passed away. What happened?
Bet if you walked down a block and opened the tin of dog treats, Tanner would be there before you could get one out.

The sidecar, bike and frame are looking fantastic. Your right about keeping the frame low.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thanks guys, ya the only time Tanners moves quick is the fridge door opens or he spots a rabbit. Then he moves really well for having 4 sawed off legs

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Made the ladder painted and mounted it. Dads girlfriend should be able to get in & out with minimal help from him. Put the front and rear fenders back on. Installed the LED tail lights on the side car. I was going to re cover the seat but didnt have a needle strong enough to pierce the hide. I'll go to the craft store and get some tomorrow. Heres a few progress pics.flg.

Attachments