Any old cruisers with a in frame 4 stroke kit??

GoldenMotor.com

sdjoe86

Oct 14, 2011
SanDiegoCalifornia
He fellas,
I recently decided to assemble myself a MB to commute to and from school, it is pretty hilly where I live. Anyways, My original plan was to go with a 2-stroke engine kit but that plan kind of fell through because my supplier kind of flaked on me. So, i was left to searching for a kit online, only to realize that the kits that were available to ship out to California were a bit too much, for an an engine that from what I hear, would need a handful of upgrades and simple parts replacing.

From what I have read and researched, it seems that a nice 4 stroke is the way to go, I was a bit hesitant at first due to price differences but from what I hear, it is well worth it, and, The price difference between an inflated 2 stroke kit and the kit that I am interested in is not that big.

I am considering buying a ThatsDax, in frame 4 stroke kit, and I was just wondering if anyone had used them on here? I plan on installing it on an old cruiser but from whatI saw online, it might be a bit to tight. I am looking at about 1/4'' of clearance. Does anyone on here have one of these kits installed on an old cruiser or prewar bike?
Also, are there any other kits that you guys would recommend if this fit is a little too tight? thanks in advance fellas

Here is a pic of the setup I am going with, Frame is getting some new color on it soon.

Attachments

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
I've got a 4 stroke riding around in the back of my truck that seems to be a honda 200 clone (runs smooth as silk)....now if I just had an appropriate bike....

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Joe, that's a nice old frame you have there, and you're wise for wanting to 4-stroke it (^) It's a tight fit for sure judging by the looks of it, but my buddy Pat has put them in old schwinn cruisers and I've stuffed a few into some tight frame spaces of similar with very minor modification.

Your best bet would be an EZM HS, 4-G Grubee or DAX kit all using the HS or Honda 49cc engines. PM me if you need any help or advice.

Scotto-

dnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thats a nice frame and fork Joe, you will be very pleased with the four stroke. That guy that lives near you named Scotto, ya know with the big block thumper in his bike is a cool dude to help you out. Good luck with your build.

BTW check out "Chainmakers" bike he did a fine job on his.

sdjoe86

Oct 14, 2011
SanDiegoCalifornia
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. Judging from some pics, I should be able to squeeze an engine i there. Scotto, I will be sending a PM your way here shortly. Once again, thanks for all the great positive feedback fellas.
-Joe