Hydraulic drive bike???

GoldenMotor.com

VikMotor

Jun 18, 2008
Hello all,

First post here, I was sitting here wondering, I wanted to motorize my bicycle in some way, gas or electric not sure yet, but was trying to come up with a decent drive system. And I thought, what about hydraulic drive? Then I can have the motor anywhere and it would just rotate some power steering vane pump, and pick up some hydraulic motor and mount it either on the front or rear wheel and route some houses and it would work pretty sweet don't you think?

Anyone attempted this? Hydraulic energy transfer is pretty efficient, better than chain even, so it could work, it would just weigh a few pounts more.

What do you all think?

VikMotor

Jun 18, 2008
It's not...just don't seem worth it to me, but it is a cool ideal

liquid drive bike technology

An Uphill Battle

Hydraulic powered bicycle - Patent 4087105
I've seen the above links, I woudn't be interested in replacing the current chain with hydraulic setup, but something that the motor would do. Although, that's another idea, with hydraulic setup you could have a motor and pedals connected into the same system I believe, and you would be completly chainless...

VikMotor

Jun 18, 2008
Don't let anyone tell you something is impossible.
"Argue for your limitations and their yours"
Thanks Marc, they are not doing any harm :) chances are, i'd never do something like this cause I don't have money laying around, or a small size hydraulic pump and motor. If I did, i probably would give it a shot.

I'm looking for the cleanest/cheapest way to motorize my bicycle, it is hard to beat the electric hub motor, but the price of batteries... need i say more.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok so here is my idea take a brigs and Stratton pressure washer mount it on a trailer (yes it is gas powered Reliable, easy starting Briggs & Stratton® 500 Series™ engine (158cc) )
Put the water exit into a pipe mount a turbine drive system on a shaft between the wheels the and make a return hose into the a water tank that has a coupling that goes into where you have the water going in to the system. so you reuse the same liquid!

AND AWAY YOU GO!!!!! (c)

Attachments