My O.C.C.!

GoldenMotor.com

Decedent

May 15, 2009
Calif.
It took me a couple weeks to get this going but I finally worked it.It took many moons to mod this thing out but it was definetly worth it.All I have to do now is figure out what I want to do with the paint.Thanks to everyone helped me through this build and gave me advice for all my questions......Ride onusflg

Attachments

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Lookin' pretty sweet!
I like the monochromatic black look.

Hey, is that an Xterra Rock Buggy being made in the background...!?
I had my own lil' 4x4 custom shop in Colorado a few years back.
I built 4 link suspensions, complete rock buggies, roll cages, rock bumpers and tire carriers, etc.
Man I miss my vintage box '77 Bronco on 38's with 138:1 final drive. I mated two transfer cases together. That thing could climb some serious canyon walls.

Decedent

May 15, 2009
Calif.
Hey thanks.Actually I think that was a Subaru frame being modded for racing.The shop where my buddy works does alot of roll cages and exo's for crawlers.We're working on turning a Suzuki samurai into a badass crawler this week.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I once built a JK Samurai with full width Ford axles pushed to the very edge of the frame on each end with 4 links front and rear. Then for an engine, I swapped in an '89 Thunderbird Super Coupe V-6 (which was just a 302 with 2 cylinders missing) and all the EFI trimmings. Cool part was the motor came from the factory with an Eaton-Roots twin screw blower on top. that rig became a true rock spider. Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic with your OCC build. Your photos bring back some cool memories. Nice bike , btw.... =-]'

'BrettMavriK

Hey thanks.Actually I think that was a Subaru frame being modded for racing.The shop where my buddy works does alot of roll cages and exo's for crawlers.We're working on turning a Suzuki samurai into a badass crawler this week.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Samurai's are badass mudders and crawlers because of their teeny tiny wheelbase. I built mudders for years trying to get to a hidden cave system up by where I live, never got to the damn caves until I built the Samurai.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Good Job Decedent. Like I said they are kind of a pain in the butt to build, but they do make a pretty sweet ride when they are done. Looks like you even got a front brake on it. Was you able to use the exisiting holes that were in the front fork?
I guess I like the trouble it takes to build them since I have two more in the basement to build. Probably wait till winter on them.

John

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
OOO, yeah that brings to mind one thing. Have you taken that thing out yet? The reason I ask is because your brakes are on the front side of the forks. Just a suggestion but at 30 MPH you might want those behind the forks. Personally I saw to much flex having them up front, therefore I have mine on the backside of the forks. I feel safer with them there.

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
OOO, yeah that brings to mind one thing. Have you taken that thing out yet? The reason I ask is because your brakes are on the front side of the forks. Just a suggestion but at 30 MPH you might want those behind the forks. Personally I saw to much flex having them up front, therefore I have mine on the backside of the forks. I feel safer with them there.
Brakes are always on the front side of the front forks.

John

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
No, lol I understand that....but those posts are not designed for brakes, mine ended up working much more effectively, and I feel much safer with them behind the forks. My bike has a lot of extra weight and stuff so I will not run them on the front. I know how they usually go I'm just trying to let my experience help someone out. When I had them on the front part they would flex, and I don't like flex. Not telling you what to do with your bike just giving you the lowdown on what I have already learned with mine.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
No, lol I understand that....but those posts are not designed for brakes, mine ended up working much more effectively, and I feel much safer with them behind the forks. My bike has a lot of extra weight and stuff so I will not run them on the front. I know how they usually go I'm just trying to let my experience help someone out. When I had them on the front part they would flex, and I don't like flex. Not telling you what to do with your bike just giving you the lowdown on what I have already learned with mine.
I guess I don't get the "Flex" What kind of brake and mounting hardware did you use. If you used 8 MM you should have been fine. Mine seem to work perfect.

John

Decedent

May 15, 2009
Calif.
Thanks guys.It was a trial and error build but I loved it.I took some ideas from all the bikes I saw on the forum like the derailer,works great by the way,and front brake ideas,John.So far the brakes work very well.My mechanic and I came up with a integrated brake system with 60/40 braking so the rear wheel brakes harder than the front.I would like to have disc brakes but there isn't any room front or back.This bike is a blast to ride.....shft.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Cool good to hear it, Ret the mounting is all solid, but the brakes arms are a lil weak, could just be crappers they were salvaged, maybe I'll get some better ones and try them on the front?!? I used 8mm steal nut and bolt for my posts.

eomonkeyboi24

Jun 28, 2009
Minnesota
Nice bike! Makes me wish mine was finished. I modded the pedals by reversing one arm. I will be welding them in place soon. I saw this mod before and really liked it.