custom paint bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i know this is not a motorized bicycle but wanted to post the before and after pictures of what a custom paint job can do. it was a sharp looking bike before it was painted but the paint job made it look like no other. the dragon the flames and everything else was done with an airbrush

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
what type airbrush you use and what size? i have experience with paashe vl series but not sure if that woud be very practical. looking to get a new air brush and what would you suggest? also do you use automotive paints? do you prime the whole bike before painting?

oregon freerider

Jan 12, 2008
Willamette Valley Oregon
what type airbrush you use and what size? i have experience with paashe vl series but not sure if that woud be very practical. looking to get a new air brush and what would you suggest? also do you use automotive paints? do you prime the whole bike before painting?
The actual brand of airbrush is subject to personal preference, just make sure its duel action. ( i use binks) Yes I use automotive paints. i use the Valspar brand base clear system with urethane clear. I do all mud work(bondo) first then cover the whole thing in a epoxy urethane hybrid sealer/ primer. Smooth and finish to 400gt. then begin the paint.

badpenny

Aug 2, 2008
I believe if all he is going down to is 400 grit, then he is using the larger gun. I use 800-1200 wetsand, because nothing looks worse than Orangeskin. Unless thats what you are going for, then at that point I would go with a textured rattlecan paint.