Road legal tyres

GoldenMotor.com
Jun 25, 2008
In the UK, to get these bikes registered requires "e-marked" or speed rated tyres. Does anyone know the equivalent moped tyre size for a standard 26" wheel, failing that i dare say one could swap to 24"

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
This project Project M85 - About the Prototype lists a 26" front rim, I'm not sure what size tire that would be on there but it sounds like it's a 26" tire as well. This was something I was thinking about for the project that I want to do and I noticed the front tire on the m85 and knew I would be able to find the right tires when I manage to build my project.

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
The rim diameter for those tires is different than that of a 26" bicycle wheel. Although I have seen some DOT (Dept. of Transportation here in the US) labeled tires that were on a Giant LaFree electric bike I have never been able to find them anywhere or anything else comparable. I have asked a friend that makes tires in Taiwan about this and as with anything else all it would take is time and money to get something made. Unfortunately more of both than I think any of us have on tap at this time. At some point this will become an issue however.

Jun 25, 2008
Have been hunting down velosolex tyres as well as raleigh runabouts in the hope of trying to find dimensions. I think some mopeds have similar rims but not 26". the other concern of course is if you change to moped wheels would they then fit in bicycle forks?