Good, two stroke motor kit.

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I ended up getting a Kmart, Huffy Olympia. THIS IS the bike I am going to build, because it was love at first site, ha.

I went to KMART and saw it in the line of bikes and immediately thought it would be a great motorbike frame. It also has some of the straightest Huffy wheels I've seen(no wobble) has 12g spokes and also caliper wheel brakes front and back which is a huge plus. It's basically a Cranbrook that is a bit better, more features. I plan on putting some suntour MTB forks on with a flat black frame. the wheels are already black so no time in painting those, thank god. I'm going to use the Rollfast fo ra later 4 stroke project, Anyways I love the Olympia.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Hey, MApbike.

What is your take on Bikeberries Flying Horse engines? I'm looking at a flying horse armored knight. Says all Japanese bearings and such.

I might go with one of those instead.

motor-bike80

Jun 14, 2013
australia
I'll post up a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-80cc-2-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce3287559

Yes I have. 5 to date , All with good results.
He's a fast shipper and good communicator.
On Ebay, all good things.....
that engine kit that he linked, it amazing, i have the exact one, never ever did it not start, when warm, just let out the clutch for half a second then pull it back in and it starts, perfect engine i highly recomend it, its the best out there for sure, ive had mine for 4 years now, not once have i had a problem with it! and the short carby intake is what made it fit on my bike!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... the Song top engines are nice ones, they got the better shorty intake and the bigger transfer ports so there's definitely room for upgrading if so desired.

the only thing about this shorty intake is that it's only 13mm inside diameter and the stock NT carb has a 14.5mm bore so there's a free upgrade there if you can open up the inlet to match the carb.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey, MApbike.

What is your take on Bikeberries Flying Horse engines? I'm looking at a flying horse armored knight. Says all Japanese bearings and such.

I might go with one of those instead.
honestly I have never had a bikeberry "Flying Horse" engine, believe from what I've seen that they're GT5 type engines, Ive read good and bad about bikeberry engines so I cant really give a recommendation for them.

I have had excellent service from engines from thatsdax, well balanced and just got solod running engines overall, I have a GT5 type engine which is my latest build, I purchased it from a fellow forum member used, he bought it from rose326a which is an ebay vendor, that engine I have is a very well balanced assembly.

Personally, for overall quality and excellent customer service after the sale I like thatsdax.

The kits from song-top that have been mentioned seen to also be good kits and at a very nice price, it could well be that the best kit discussed here for a higher performance build may be the kit from song-top, I say this because it seems those engines come with a better cylinder as far as port size is concerned.

The cylinders that seem to be coming with the GT5 geometry engines lately have horribly small ports, these small port engines will still run fine, but will be lacking in higher performance potential.

I'd probably recommend the song-top kit over the bikeberry kit, since if I was making the choice for myself or a friend I just feel better about those engines compared to the Flying Horse.

The Flying Horse may be a good choice but not the one I would make for myself for the reasons I mentioned.

Yes I know this is a vaseliating response just a little, but I just dont do vendors that sell kits and make info vids that aren't accurate, makes me question what customer service would be like if you needed it and the vendor cant even make a good accurate info vid about the product they sell....lol!

Not hating on any one here so please no flaming me for not being a fan of bikeberrys videos and engine kits at this point.

Best wishes on whatever you decide and we'll be here to help any way we can to make sure you have a nice working bike when you're done.

I like that bike very much, a laidback seat post will make it a very comfortable ride if you're a tall fella, I like the Huffy bikes myself and that is a better one thaan the one I have since it has the V brakes, you'll have good service from those heavy spoked wheels also, just brake them down and pack the bearings with good quality grease and make sure the bearing tension is snug but not tight.

Nice bike for your project....

Map

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Ok I honestly and positively laid down my cash for the Song-Top engine. I just did it.
I don't have high hopes yet, but it wasn't expensive and if I can get this thing to run, others should be able to run as I gain some experience.

I'll just get rid of the acorn nuts on the head and check the head for flatness, re-torque.

I see it has a slant head in the picture....is this true on the product I will receive?

Stay tuned, guys....gonna need the help, ha.

Thanks for the help already.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ok I honestly and positively laid down my cash for the Song-Top engine. I just did it.
I don't have high hopes yet, but it wasn't expensive and if I can get this thing to run, others should be able to run as I gain some experience.

I'll just get rid of the acorn nuts on the head and check the head for flatness, re-torque.

I see it has a slant head in the picture....is this true on the product I will receive?

Stay tuned, guys....gonna need the help, ha.

Thanks for the help already.
I'm gonna say yes it will have the slant head and I think you most likely made a good choice with the song-top kit, I've not heard anything bad about them yet, only good from maniac57 which has bought more than one so far if I remember right.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I'm going to put it directly onto the bike as I go tthe bike off the floor and get this engine to run before painting, modding the bike itself. I'll be more confident spending time modding the bike once I know I have a running engine. So I'm putting this engine on as soon as it arrives. I built one of these bikes once so it shoul dbe pretty easy the second time.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm going to put it directly onto the bike as I go tthe bike off the floor and get this engine to run before painting, modding the bike itself. I'll be more confident spending time modding the bike once I know I have a running engine. So I'm putting this engine on as soon as it arrives. I built one of these bikes once so it shoul dbe pretty easy the second time.
I bet you'll do just fine, several of us will be here to help anyway that we can if you do have a question or hit a snag of some sort.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm gonna say yes it will have the slant head and I think you most likely made a good choice with the song-top kit, I've not heard anything bad about them yet, only good from maniac57 which has bought more than one so far if I remember right.
You're thinking of the NanTong JaiLi motors Map. I've never heard of the Song-top.
It does look quite similar to the NanTong with the round exhaust port, but I've never seen this type jug on anything larger than 58cc.
And you KNOW it's not a true 80cc...unless it is. What do I know?
No idea about the quality, but that's a decent price.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You're thinking of the NanTong JaiLi motors Map. I've never heard of the Song-top.
It does look quite similar to the NanTong with the round exhaust port, but I've never seen this type jug on anything larger than 58cc.
And you KNOW it's not a true 80cc...unless it is. What do I know?
No idea about the quality, but that's a decent price.
Well Dad-Gumit, sorry about that maniac, someone on here has said they have a couple of the song-top engines and like them, for some reason I was thinking it was you, but I stand corrected, dont know who the heck it is now.....!!!

there was a discussion going on about those type engines that have large port jugs and have the 35mm bolt spread shorty intakes.

Maybe it was canonball or boxcar, heck I'm lost on the deal now, have no idea who it is that has them and likes them....LOL!

Sorry about that maniac

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Just make sure to change out the acorn style head nuts for pass through 's.........
Or ( in my experience) the head will not seat....
And yes Map, It was me.....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I got one last night. Looks like they sold out.....

BTW what is a boost bottle I hear abut on these things? I'm thinking a shot of nitro? Probably not.
boost bottle on these engines is s ake oil and if you want to lean out and cook your engine just use NOS on it a few times....

dont waste your money or time on boost bottle mess or NOS in my opinion.

the best engine builders and the fastest bikes you'll see on here or at the races dont use any of that junk so what does that tell you?

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Ok I give up..... what is a Pk 80 vrs Gt-5 engine?

I looked at Fred Chelmanskis(SP?) site....wow.... that guy is dedicated....expensive engine, but I bet you'll never have to get another.

Looks like my kit is coming from China, cause stock is out at the California plant. Not for certain, but I think it's the case. Gonna take forever to get here, don't know if I can wait that long.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ok I give up..... what is a Pk 80 vrs Gt-5 engine?

I looked at Fred Chelmanskis(SP?) site....wow.... that guy is dedicated....expensive engine, but I bet you'll never have to get another.

Looks like my kit is coming from China, cause stock is out at the California plant. Not for certain, but I think it's the case. Gonna take forever to get here, don't know if I can wait that long.
We use these terms to describe the different geometries between the engines.

PK80 refers to a CG that has a 40mm stroke which uses a 110mm connecting rod and has what we call the low pin piston which just means the wrist pin sits below the halfway point between bottom and ctop edge of piston.

GT5 we use to describe the engines that have a 38mm stroke, use the 114mm rod and use what we call the high pin piston.

The engines you see some of call the Half Breed are engines that are 38mm stroke but use the 110mm rods thypically stamped ZAE50 and these engine use the same piston as the 40mm stroke engines but the crankshaft design causes them to actually be 38mm stroke.

The Half Breed is sort of a combo between the PK80 and the GT5 the main unique difference being the crankshaft in the HBreed.

This may all sound a bit confusing, but its really all fairly simple once you've had the different engines and seen how to identify them.

I have six PK80's, three GT5's and two of the Half Breed engines and a fairly good pile of parts....lol

The GT5 I just got going recently that came from rose326a on ebay is an excellent running engi e, very low vibes, all the PK80 type that I got from thatsdax have been excellent running engi es and good balance.
some of the older PK80 engines had horrible balance but ran great at 30mph and below with a 36T sprocket.

the new dax engines are the GT5 geometry and he says the balance is just as good as the original PK80 type he sold for a couple or three years, I dont have one of the newer GT5 dax engines together yet but I plan to get that done asap so I can report on here what mine is like.

hope I didnt confuse or make anything seem complicated.

map

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Thanks, Map. I have no idea what motor I got then.

About that. Looks like it has to come from China itself, ughhh I think they ran out at their California wharehouse or something. I would of passed if I knew about this... Kinda wanted to get this thing going within two weeks.

ugghhhh.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
As far as I can tell from Song Top he has a warehouse in Cali and one on the east coast.
He always sends a message that if he is out of stock in one or both of his USA facilities
The unit may come from China.
I have yet to have to wait more than 7 days to receive a shipment from this seller.
You may have just received his standard message...

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
As far as I can tell from Song Top he has a warehouse in Cali and one on the east coast.
He always sends a message that if he is out of stock in one or both of his USA facilities
The unit may come from China.
I have yet to have to wait more than 7 days to receive a shipment from this seller.
You may have just received his standard message...

i got this from Song-Top... Don't really feel like waiting a month or two for my motor. I would of passed this up if I knew it was coming from China and had to wait long time.

"Dear Valued customer:
Thank you for purchase. We will ship out the item within 1 business day as promised. Please understand that this item is coming overseas from China which means that it will take longer to arrive than domestic mail. Please refer to the estimated delivery time chart in the item description to estimate your item’s arrival time.

PS:If the item you buy is just located in LA US or Sydney AU, the item may reach you directly from LA or Sydney"

I checked UPS tracking and nothing has physically been shipped yet. All it says is that UPS received shipment information from sender and label is created.

ugghhh

Last edited: