question about 79cc Predator and 3rd motor mount

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I'm just gonna buy the long header from agk. Screw all this homemade nonsense.
NONSENSE IT IS NOT: It takes a lot of time to cut and fit pipe pieces,and only about 5 min. to weld them. I think if you looked around you could find a welder (privet indevidgual or shop) that would do it for small amount.

You ask for help and the guys here try to explain how, then all of a sudden you reject then.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Do you have any pics of your bike and set up now? Pictures go a long way when askinig for advice. Gives other members a reference rather than assuming.....

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I didn't ask for advice on how to build a pipe, I asked a member if they could build a pipe for me since they had already built one. It is nonsense, because if I tried to build my own pipe, it wouldn't come out looking anything like what I want. I don't have the skills for it. No, I don't have pics of my current bike, because it's not together yet.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I understand that your bike is not together yet, but you were inquiring about a 3rd motor mount. I pic of the frame and/or from with the engine mocked up would greatly help members give you some advice on what would and would not work and suggestions on what you could possibly do....

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
I have an idea. I have some 1/4" thick flat stock, I'm gonna bolt it to one of the gas tank mounts, then bend it at the top and use a clamp to bolt it to the lower top bar of the roadmaster frame.

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
greaser: Do what makes you happy, It made me happy to spend hours building my own exhaust. I have the equipment to do a lot of the work and enjoy time in the garage away from the drama of real life. However, what satisfies me might not satisfy you. Therefore, you should build your bike the way that you see fit and enjoy riding it knowing that it is finished the way you wanted it. If we can guide and assist just ask.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
That's the plan all along. I just didn't appreciate being accused of rejecting advice that I never even asked for. But you can rest assured that I'll do what makes me happy. I thought your pipe looked pretty good, but I didn't realize how much time you had to put in it, so it's too much time to make one for someone else. I get that, absolutely no hard feelings whatsoever. If I need help or advice or ideas, I will ask and be grateful for the answers I receive. But in the end I will always do what I want, because I build my bikes for me and no one else. If you happen to like the end result, that's great. If you don't, so what. Doesn't matter as long as I like it.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
It's absolutely fine, bldr. No problem at all. You were actually very hepful by posting a picture of your 3rd motor mount. I plan to do almost the exact same thing.