Murf

GoldenMotor.com

Murf

Dec 4, 2008
sc coast
Hello
I had helped my son years ago build several of these bikes.We had always used single piece wide cranks.Up until now.We purchased a conversion bottom BMX style YST brand.Well when you install the cups and tighten everything you have no threads left for the locking nut?Has any one used this so called universal kit?HELP!drn2

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Didn't your son already ask that same question? On this forum we don't read minds. Gonna need more info than what you have provided.

Murf

Dec 4, 2008
sc coast
The conversion kit we have is a YST brand made in taiwan.I uses the same bearing cups as the one piece crank.We threaded the right bearing race down to the stop/shoulder on the shaft.Insert it thru the bracket.Threaded the left bearing race until its seated in the bearings.No threads left for the washer or locking nut?Its supposed to fit all bikes?Are the 26" beach bikes bottom brackets wider than the BMX 20'' bikes?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That sounds right on the install. Sounds like you should get the conversion kit that sickbikeparts.com sells. Its converts your one piece into a 3 piece. Got any pics? Those always help.