someone sell me a engine that runs or gimme shelter

GoldenMotor.com

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
So after my crank bearings blew i took apart my engine and waited patiently for the money to rebuild it. During this time i ported and matched to crankcase. Then i decided to buy another motor from zingmulu in the meantime that didnt even run, i tinkered with it for weeks till i gave up then decided to go along with my rebuild i replaced bearings,seals.rings,crank,piston,bolts and gaskets. Got it on my bike today everything hooked up and sealed. Got spark, gas ( brake cleaner ) , and the wheel drags.
now when i bump it ,it makes a pathetic sound,i figured theres not enough compression or i put the wrong piston with cylinder but the ports open like they should . While doing this i stripped oneof my head bolts. Please offer advice because i need transportation,my only parent travels every weekand im too poor for anythings else.drn2

But im never gonna give up

Thanks,
JOE

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no offense intended, but some folks just don't seem suited for working on these

I recommend you find someone in your area that will work with you on this project. Perhaps another set of eyes will spot where you're going wrong.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If zminglu sold you a bad motor, POLITELY state your issue and he should work with you.
Screaming rants do nothing to help your case and will cause the vendor to ignore you.
Being polite works wonders.
I've dealt with this vendor and had good results getting replacement parts.

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Haha i can see how i would look like a noob, but i assure you i have decent experience rebuilding engines. Ive rebuild 2strokes , four and six cylinders four strokes, ive bought engines from zingmulu that didnt run at first but i tinkered with them and got them to run. I never ranted at him it just this one engine was a horrible cast and stripped every which place so i forgot about it. I would ask my ase master tech dad but hes in england. Im gonna get the headbolt fixed and try again. Im just stumped because i covered all the basic stuff besides whati stated above

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
So the bottom line is... if i have compression, the carb is good and i have decent spark with no leaks in the case or intake.what else could i give a go.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Fuel seems most likely. Just cause it's getting fuel to the CARB does not mean it's getting to the ENGINE.
I'd check for clogs or defects in the jets and passages.
Possibly timing? Is the key in the mag rotor still good?
Spark in the wrong place will not work yet pass the easy checks.
If none of those pan out, hit it with a big hammer till it runs.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
somehow, the phrases "i ported and matched to crankcase" & "now it doesn't start" are often seen together

the phrase "or i put the wrong piston with cylinder" indicates that it is time to pull it apart and carefully measure old parts with new to see if they are really the same

there are several of these engines that look very similar, but won't work with parts mixed

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Alright so im getting a good spark, the plug is wet when i pull it, compression is alright. I have the grey looking zl crank in right now. Im thinking its the wrong piston but i put the opposite piston and it runs into the crank. No exhaust or intake or head leaks. The engine is assembled exactly right seals and all. I didnt really port it just a clean up. Is it possible for the timing to be off? Should i try flipping the magneto?

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Lol! I flipped the magnet and it fired right up! Completely rebuild ht66! Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Let it be know throughout the kingdom that the magnet goes only one way