Hello from Germany

GoldenMotor.com

johnboy

Mar 15, 2013
Germany
Hello,

I Just bought a motorized bicycle two weeks ago off ebay, hopped excitedly up and down all week waiting for it to arrive, assembled it in three hours and then realised I had a mountain of German bureaucracy to get through before I could enjoy the little machine, so sadly pushed it into the corner of the room and sat there looking at it.

By shear luck though, and unusually so in my experience, the paperwork went without a hitch and I managed to get insurance documents, and registration within a few days. Rode it to work for the first time today, and I have to say I haven't had as much fun going to work as that for a long time.

I can feel that this is a hobby I could seriously get addicted to though. Some of the modifications Ive seen are fantastic, and really spark the imagination.

Just need to find a way of doing it without the wife getting too upset.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hello,

I Just bought a motorized bicycle two weeks ago off ebay, hopped excitedly up and down all week waiting for it to arrive, assembled it in three hours and then realised I had a mountain of German bureaucracy to get through before I could enjoy the little machine, so sadly pushed it into the corner of the room and sat there looking at it.

By shear luck though, and unusually so in my experience, the paperwork went without a hitch and I managed to get insurance documents, and registration within a few days. Rode it to work for the first time today, and I have to say I haven't had as much fun going to work as that for a long time.

I can feel that this is a hobby I could seriously get addicted to though. Some of the modifications Ive seen are fantastic, and really spark the imagination.

Just need to find a way of doing it without the wife getting too upset.
Welcome to the forum Johnboy, again!

Like WildBill suggests definitely build her one, if not Gasoline / Petrol powered, then an Electric powered bicycle.

Just make sure you build her, ( Your Wife ) a Trike maybe a Stretch Cruiser Trike, as an Electric powered she'd never have to listen to a gas engine, and she'd not be annoyed by the sound of a gas engine.

Again, Welcome to the forum.

Peace Crazy Horse.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us.
We enjoy seeing what comes from the folks from across the pond.
Glad you're up and running and yes, these bikes are addictive. You'll be building another one soon, no doubt.

Have fun, ride safe.

tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Beachcomber spends time in Germany, and there's Axelkoehn over there as well. They might, but likely might not, be near you.

johnboy

Mar 15, 2013
Germany
Thanks for all the welcomes, the wife's got a full bike license, so hasn't got a problem with the noise and the smells, but had to sell her motorbike a few years ago as the kids meant she never really had the time to ride it. Now of course, we can stick a few child seats on the back of the bike (she wants one too now) and take them with us. Should be a fantastic summer.