Hi all

GoldenMotor.com

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Im so happy I found this place im 52 I used to ride back in the 70s and due to the economy and my poor health for the last three years just getting to the church on Sunday is hard ok do I buy food or do I buy gas for the car So my wife and I have decided we are going to minimize everything from going out to eat no more to solar and wind power for most of are lighting , laptops , TV , shutting off the Central heater and using wood heater only ,just using phone for purely Internet and have cell phones that there saved $100 a month and no more cable TV thats another $100 plus gone I can find almost anything on the net to watch even Alf lol :p Im working on a barrel washing machine that runs off of a windshield wiper motor I even make my own Beer and wine cost a 4th the price of store beer and just makes more then I can drink I seem to never run out this days lol and strong up to 14 % most beers are 5 to 9 % anyway I need to get around more then being stuck at home and there is no bus stop for 10 miles so Im going to build a motorized bicycle I looked into the laws here in Washington state and I can have
50cc or smaller and not go over 30 miles an hour and all I need is a car drivers licensee and thats it YAY so here I am with eyes wide open and a $700 dollar budget I'm going for the handa 4 strokes I'm old I don't need to go 40 on a bicycle I just need power for pulling small hills torque and a small trailer or I have seen some really cool lite weight side cars what you guys call a grocery getter I did notice about this forum that yall are really noob friendly and Im truly thankful ok Il post my first question after this in the appropriate place
wish me luck guys .bld.

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome to the forum. You're right, there's a pretty great bunch of folks here, you should be able to get help for just about any problem you come up against.

I understand the "cost cutting".. been there, done that. We went through and set everything (except the video recorder and a few other things) up on power bars with switches a while back, and got into the habit of turning them off when not in use. Anything that has a remote is never truly "off" it's actually "waiting" for the remote. We cut 100Kw/H per month off the electricity bill that way. I like the idea of solar and wind generation for personal use.. If you have questions about lead-acid batteries for storage let me know, I work for a battery company and might be able to get you answers when you have questions.

If you decide to go for a 2-stroke for your build, try contacting Zoombicycles. If they have what you're looking for in stock you could pick it up on a day trip up here. We have a small trailer (converted from a kid-carrier), and my wife's bike with a 48 tooth sprocket pulls it uphill without even noticing it.

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
howdy cap glad to meet you ya i say the 4 stroke just for dependability make sur ya get a good tranny tho my origanal hoot lasted about 200 miles and put me down hard when it blew.you should be able to do it under 700 especially if yer crafty and it helps to be a scrounger which most of us are,i run a small solar/wind outfit that runs my motor home summers and keep other stuff going when i need it,welcome aboard and good luck hope ya stick around,frank

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
welcome Cap......i've seen whizzers for sale that drop right in around what you wanna spend.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of daredevils on this site that love but to go fast but i just cruz at 25mph; where my old front drum brake can stop me in a reasonable amount of time. Your handle rhymes with "Joe Isuzu". I miss that guy.

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
thanks guys its a done deal wife just sent tax return online so in the next few weeks Il have the money for my new build that should give me time to pick out my bike I think the one I was looking at is to small to hold a 4 stroke even thow its a full size Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser Bicycle I was hoping it would work with it having over size tires o well the search gos on .