First ride almost complete success.

GoldenMotor.com

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
That's a nice looking bike. There's a lot going on, but it still looks clean. It reminds me of a zipcycle with that crotch-positioned lever sticking up. Looking at that large vari-pulley, I think I might have one of those in the basement. I plan on using the Mac on another bike eventually. I'm kinda doing a test platform now. I'll keep this stuff in mind on the new build.

We do have a NAPA in town. The guy there is useless, though. Without a car make/model or part#, he can't/won't look for anything. AutoZone seemed much better at using the computer to search for parts (belts, pulleys, etc) based on size and type.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks, that bike is in my top 3, really fond of it. I always get my own part#s off the Autozone site before I go to the store. If you want to use a 3/8 go to the site and type v belt in the search bar. It will bring up a menu of belts, hit the .375 then pick the length you want. Maybe the size you need is there. I looked up a 30" I believe and it was about 8 bucks. 3/8 would probably work better with the smaller drive pulley. They can be had in super flex too(the belt with all the notches).

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
3/8 would probably work better with the smaller drive pulley. They can be had in super flex too(the belt with all the notches).
I agree. For this temporary build I'll use what I got, which is mostly 1/2" belts and pulleys and everything goes on 5/8 shaft. I have some 1/2" shaft stuff, including this thing that that I garbage picked years ago, and forgot until you reminded me.

Thanks

Attachments