what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Just joined this site. Have used it very often to gain knowledge, and have picked up quite a bit. I enjoy this thread, because I am always looking for new things to do to my bike. Today: parted out an older engine for clutch pads and piston, and picked up a new exhaust from pro circuit for my new build- an 11.4 hp liquid cooled morini. Have to take the bike to a weld shop though in order to fabricate a better fit. Once the build is finished ill be pulling a little over 13 hp with a 50cc engine. Yes, im crazy.
Welcome, Old Reliable.dance1

I'm crazy too!xct2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I picked up my new red motorcycle helmet, and my red Simpson neckbrace arrived in the mail. That's for my Iron Man riding costume.

My new leather "Rocketeer" jacket arrived from India! I'm stoked! It fits over my dirt bike armor and elbow guards, ya can't even tell. My wife likes it too.

I wore it to work today; goes well w/khaki pants. Might as well buy new brown Red Wing leather boots for work, costume/MB riding. My existing RW boots are over 10 years old. I used them in the phone company job I retired from in 2002.

Now to fab the "Rocketeer" helmet, lol.dance1

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

started mounting the CAG motor on the bike. got the SBP 4 stroke shift mount. looks VERY promising, just need to drill the holes for the motor and bolt it down.

pics below.

LOL

Skarrd... Well HOW did u do it????
Gotta be some reason!
All the chinagirls are sensitive...
Mebbe they are just not ur style and u should go Morini or 4 strokin?
yeah i'm still trying to figure that outscratg

only thing i can think of is just motor is the gears maybe aren't meshed as well as they should.

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

Spanners, probably two things...
IMO u should take a link out of the chain and re-position the tensioner so it does not put the slack side of the chain in such a sharp angle.
Also, there's a current thread on switching to 410 chain. It seems everyone who has done so never looks back!

Are you losing your chain on acceleration, or when decelerating?

Skarrd, I like the look of those little motors! ...don't know nuthin abt 'em, but I like the look! :) It's called CAG? wazzat stand for??? or mean?

No riding today...
I guess my kid decided to shuffle the garage.
Probably gonna be easier bringing the mab out thru the kitchen when I go out tomorrow... Kids!
rc

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Well working freaky long hours got me a little spending money. Now I just bought these for my old Boxer bike. http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC149279 and tubes that work with the Large Marge rims perfectly. Metzeler Motorcycle Tube http://www.bikebandit.com/metzeler-motorcycle-tube

I road the bike more tonight and its been a grip of mine my forks on it are a tad too short for my stature. Problem solved. The big L.M. rim on the rear is awesome after more ride time its mind blowing to me. Like a completely different bike. It feels like it can grip a turn very well. Gonna put one on the front too!! That is what stemmed getting the fork I need the rim clearance now I got it. dance1

This means of course I gotta sell my old fork some where lol.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Come on, scotto.....let's hear it.

We've got time.dance1

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

What did I do to my motor bike today? You have no idea.......and I wouldn't even begin to know where to start........

dnut
Take a breath man. Do tell.. Were here for your support.. Its bound to be good!:):D

spanners

Oct 5, 2011
east coast Australia

IMO u should take a link out of the chain and re-position the tensioner so it does not put the slack side of the chain in such a sharp angle.
Also, there's a current thread on switching to 410 chain. It seems everyone who has done so never looks back!

. Thanks Rustycase
I'm willing to try anything, my reasoning was a bad heat treating and the poor material there made from. I'll look into the 410 as well.
Cheers mate

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Are you losing your chain on acceleration, or when decelerating?

Skarrd, I like the look of those little motors! ...don't know nuthin abt 'em, but I like the look! :) It's called CAG? wazzat stand for??? or mean?

No riding today...
I guess my kid decided to shuffle the garage.
Probably gonna be easier bringing the mab out thru the kitchen when I go out tomorrow... Kids!
rc
it's short for cagllari. just a common brand of pocket bikes.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Do you mean 415 chain? Can you please post or PM the thread link? I googled 415 chain on this site, and there were LOTS of old threads.

I have one of these, but haven't installed it yet (can't fit with current cog installation) but it is heavy, and the rollers don't flop around. The side plates are THICK. http://compare.ebay.com/like/280820470809?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y
KMC 415H dirt jump chain, 22$USD

$13, maybe free shipping, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMX-Cha...&otn=21&pmod=280820470809&ps=54#ht_607wt_1187

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I had a great day with my daughter at the parks. My bike worked great, with the new boost bottle, new tire and super tubes. I had awesome traction, even on wet grass I could motor around. (I put the tire on "backwards" and it seemed to work wonderfully that way.) She got to play on the grass and playground, got to see ducks and geese and puppies, got to see Grandma, and got Sonic chocolate malt after her lunch. Yum. dance1

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl

went to the local harbor freight and ooooooooooooooogled the 99cc predator definatly getting one.
HAHA!!! Andrew.....I understand, Monday I went to Harbor Frieght and looked at engines, then Tuesday I go to Northern Tool to look at engines, Today I go to Tractor Supply to do what?....lol

Im final on my next motor will be the Predator!.....Now I just have to decide if Im going to run an AGK jackshaft or a Q-Matic?

Anyone have opinions on what trans I would be better off with?

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

built up my original ol'girl again with a new motorkit and sold it to a guy at work.
Im already getting thoughts of you break I fix... hmm
Its going to be hard to teach him what to do with his broken english, hopefully he can learn how to swing a spanner the way he swings his hammer.zpt