I blew off 3 spandexers

GoldenMotor.com

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
I'm a hard core roadie and i wear spandex you *******s - there's a reason for it which i'm not going to explain. WTF are you going to wear when your riding 50-75 miles ****ing board shorts. Anyway, usually if i'm on my MB and come across a "spandexers" as u call um, I usually put out my hand and offer to pull um up the hill.,.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I also wear spandex, when I'm riding my TREK for a lot of miles. No, I don't have the expected attitude of your typical "spandexer".

I am of the opinion that most folks in this thread aren't talking about those of us that wear spandex but those people who wear spandex and have a "holier than thou" attitude.

So I try not to take offense just because I sometimes wear spandex and folks here are talking about "spandexers". The difference... while I do wear spandex when it's needed, I don't have a "spandexer" attitude.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I'm a hard core roadie and i wear spandex you *******s - there's a reason for it which i'm not going to explain. WTF are you going to wear when your riding 50-75 miles ****ing board shorts. Anyway, usually if i'm on my MB and come across a "spandexers" as u call um, I usually put out my hand and offer to pull um up the hill.,.

Just curious what ya grab to pull em up da hill?

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
i've pulled and pushed friends up hills - if i get on the right hand side of somebody i can reached out my left arm and push them from behind or grab there hand and pull them. I've done it - don't recommend it if you don't have good balance and can't steer with one hand

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
I personally DON'T think MB's survival is based on how the riders behave... if it was that way, people wouldnt be in cars. I believe that if we are good drivers and abide by laws and are courteous to CARS, we will be fine. You guys get too worried in my opinion. If what is being done is ILLEGAL, then theres a problem. If you're expressing your opinion, thats another thing.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
Here in So Cal our driving laws are really restrictive due to all the panty wearing ****** bags in our state government. I was pulled over on my MB going about 15 miles an hour and the motorcycle cop went nuts on me. long story short, I did not get a ticket, but he was literally trying to get another unit there to either take me to jail based on how i responded to his questions, and he even talked about impounding my bike LOL- either way - I'm going down in a flurry flames with my MB.

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This is still a family forum. If you can't have a discussion without profanity stay out of it or this thread will be shut down.
Tom

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I too am sorry that i caused an uproar on the site. What ticked me off was their attitude towards me trying to squeze and push me aside on the trail. If it was just a fun thing i wouldnt have minded. My friend and i do some jousting on the motorized bikes but its in fun.These guys wouldnt even say hi.So thats the attitude i find difficult to take.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I would like to hear the long story....
Motorized bicycles are legal in CA

What were the cops issues with you or your bike?

Here in So Cal our driving laws are really restrictive due to all the panty wearing ****** bags in our state government. I was pulled over on my MB going about 15 miles an hour and the motorcycle cop went nuts on me. long story short, I did not get a ticket, but he was literally trying to get another unit there to either take me to jail based on how i responded to his questions, and he even talked about impounding my bike LOL- either way - I'm going down in a flurry flames with my MB.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
since i wasn't carrying the vehicle code in my back pocket (maybe i should start doing that) i was unable to educate the cop as to the laws he's suppose to be apprised of. I myself understand that there are grey area's in the law with respect to these bikes, but for me, I'm not about to go pay reg fees and go through the hassle of making my bike street legal when I can't ride in the street anyway. My bike tops out at bicycle speeds so, if i have to spend more money to ride in the bike lane, then forget it. I like riding without a helmet also. Thats just me. Call it what you want. If you know something that i don't please let me know. That day when he pulled me over he was seriously trying to call for other units so he could get my bike impounded - lucky for me not units were available and he just said its your lucky day now get outta here and walk your bike home...NO JOKE

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The grey areas are fairly small and to do with little stuff like
turn signals and stop lights.
what do you mean by you can't ride in the street anyway?
Do you have a valid drivers license with a M1 or M2?

Riding without any kind of helmet is like having a $300+ target on your back.
You are supposed to be wearing a DOT helmet. I know lots of guys that have
been hit with $300 no helmet tickets. One guy got two tickets in one day. It cost
him $376

Did the cop say you were supposed to have the $19 Moped license plate?

What city was the cop from?
Newport Beach impounds bikes.

since i wasn't carrying the vehicle code in my back pocket (maybe i should start doing that) i was unable to educate the cop as to the laws he's suppose to be apprised of. I myself understand that there are grey area's in the law with respect to these bikes, but for me, I'm not about to go pay reg fees and go through the hassle of making my bike street legal when I can't ride in the street anyway. My bike tops out at bicycle speeds so, if i have to spend more money to ride in the bike lane, then forget it. I like riding without a helmet also. Thats just me. Call it what you want. If you know something that i don't please let me know. That day when he pulled me over he was seriously trying to call for other units so he could get my bike impounded - lucky for me not units were available and he just said its your lucky day now get outta here and walk your bike home...NO JOKE

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
for all my other vehicles registration & insurance is very expensive (boarding on rape). I guess i got lucky then that i didn't get a ticket. My MB days will probably be short lived...

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
i only ride my bike on back roads near my house. I generally stay away from the city and really populated areas. I see kids riding these motorized moped stand up scooters all day long, and i don't see them getting hassled. But here we are again talking about classification of a vehicle. Anything the CA DMV can slap a fee on they will.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
there is no "grey area" in california anymore. i've researched everything there is to know about the laws, posted them numerous times, and if anyone from california who's on this forum can't figure it out, it's because they don't want to, and they want to believe they can outsmart the law.

a motorized bike can be impounded for many reasons.

-not having it registered and not displaying the plate.

-not having an M1 (motorcycle) or M2 (scooter and moped) classification on your license.

-not having a license at all, or a suspended license

-riding while intoxicated or committing a crime while on the bike, or using it to get away.

-having a warrant and being taken into custody. (this one, like a car, is up to the officer's discretion. he may allow you to park the bike, or have someone else pick it up. unless any of the other things i mentioned apply.)

he CAN'T (legally) take your bike away for equipment violations, as long as it's registered, and you have an M1 or 2 license. then it's just a fix-it ticket. (and we DON'T need turn signals or insurance.)

if you wanna be some kinda hardcore biker and not wear a helmet, not have a license, and not register your bike, the only person to blame when you get caught, get fined, possibly arrested, and get your bike impounded, is yourself.

Last edited:

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
well said bairdco - I'll video tape and post the high speed chase on youtube for you guys. i have off road capabilities, hope they can follow...

Last edited: