Gas prices are going up

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Here in canada, Gas prices went up to $2 a liter in 2000 or so, Result? People started buying hibrids and small cars etc.
And for some magic reason, just after people started seriously looking at hybrids and smaller cars, The gas price droped back down to $1~ a liter again! Just by magic.. Or maybe they wanted everyone to go back to SUV's, And everyone did...

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
Pessimists claim that oil that is easy to find will be over
By 2020. Optimist. Say that oil that is easy to find
Will be gone 2030.So no mater how you look at it?
Were screwed. I feel sorry for the young people.
Were leaving them a real mess.

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
I will be riding my MB more as prices go up. Today, I paid $2.99 at the pump for mid grade. My heated cage does not get the gas mileage the MB does. And a jack and glove do a nice job of keeping me warm.
The higher the prices climb,,,, the more frequently, and further I will ride. No joke, it's coming.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Gas prices here are $3.07 for regular, if gas prices get so high I can't afford it for my MB I'm gonna get me a walker and a set of roller blades and you better get out of my way!
buzzard

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Here in canada, Gas prices went up to $2 a liter in 2000 or so, Result? People started buying hibrids and small cars etc.
And for some magic reason, just after people started seriously looking at hybrids and smaller cars, The gas price droped back down to $1~ a liter again! Just by magic.. Or maybe they wanted everyone to go back to SUV's, And everyone did...
2 $ a liter where show me a link !

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Glad I drive the 'ol Aspire- 1.3 liter 5 speed, gets 42+ mpg at 60 mph. Still have the ol Festiva too, but may have to abandon her. 274,000 + miles w/o a rebuild.

Some others may find what I've known for awhile- nothing wrong with a lot of small cars- mine have been really dependable- I even hauled a spinet piano once in the back of the Festiva. The little 1.3 liter is eating a lot less waiting two or three times through a stoplight.

mikewayne

Dec 29, 2010
Newyork, Newyork
I think the vehicles prices will reduce but the common think we use in daily life will have great effect of fuel price hike since the transport facilities will increase there price!!!!.xx.

KevXR

Nov 18, 2010
Nor Cal
Pessimists claim that oil that is easy to find will be over
By 2020. Optimist. Say that oil that is easy to find
Will be gone 2030.So no mater how you look at it?
Were screwed. I feel sorry for the young people.
Were leaving them a real mess.
I agree 100%.

Celebrating higher oil prices is like celebrating free ice on the deck of the Titanic.

Enjoy riding your motor bike, because the rest of your life may spiral down to 3rd world level. Higher food costs, higher utility bills, hyper inflation. Those parts you get by post may cost more for shipping than buying.

Do what you can, get well educated, and get vocal with your elected politicians.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
back in the 70s families were rationed to 1 tank of gas every 2 weeks. they still didn't adopt these bad boys.

they'll go with out before they'll compromise.
That NEVER happened; I was there. There were long gas lines. At one point, you could only fill on alternate days, depending on your license plate. Gas stations sometimes limited the amount of fuel you could buy at one fill up.

You're right. Folks never ran out and bought bicycles or motor scooters. They just lived with it.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I guess I'll weigh in on this topic.

When I first heard who it was that said gas was going to go up, I thought to my self, "self, this guy just said that so that folks will scream and holler 'bout it for a lil bit and then the gas companies will raise the prices, even though there really is no need to raise them besides profit."

Those big oil companies have been posting huge profits. If profits are so good why would there be any need for prices to rise further?

In my opinion greed has gotten way out of hand. And I believe it will only get worse.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Man last night driving by the station near my house it was $2.85. This morning it was $2.95 10cents overnight, just absolutley ridiculous :(

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Man last night driving by the station near my house it was $2.85. This morning it was $2.95 10cents overnight, just absolutley ridiculous :(
i haven't had to buy any gas in over a week but it was $3.09 a gallon already a week ago, 2.95 doesn't seem like a bad deal xD