check out this cold weather mask!

GoldenMotor.com

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Neoprene? Maybe good for "gimp" games in the bedroom but I don't see the advantage over dollar store ski masks.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have a couple with skulls printed on them for use on the motorcycle
they were $12.00 the old lady and I use them when its raining or cold and we don't have the full face helmets with us. We get some strange stares from people but I don't care

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Neoprene? Maybe good for "gimp" games in the bedroom but I don't see the advantage over dollar store ski masks.
i've used both when i was climbing 1000 foot towers all over the country in the winter. the neoprene masks work hundreds of times better. they conform tightly to your face, and keep the warmth in. they're especially good in windy conditions, because the air won't flow through the dense material as easy as the cheap ski mask.

plus, they don't get all fuzzy like the ski mask, so you're not spitting out or sniffling up frayed threads.

oh, and when your nose runs, it soaks into the neoprene and your body heat warms it up, like a wetsuit. on the cheap kind, it just gets wet and freezes.

Thats funny and NASTY!! I like it.
Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
So this is not the same neoprene like used to coat tool handles etc.. Apparently it's neoprene FOAM like in a wetsuit? If so this makes more sense.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Fancy newfangled stuff - I just roll with the "crazed hermit beard" that provides alla the above including scaring the bejabbers outa the occasional soccer mom :D

A sustained 30mph wind does wonders for it's appeal too lol

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
o_O

Fancy newfangled stuff - I just roll with the "crazed hermit beard" that provides alla the above including scaring the bejabbers outa the occasional soccer mom :D

A sustained 30mph wind does wonders for it's appeal too lol
I cant grow a beard,just a goteet....38 years old and just peach fuss!!!!!!!!!!Damn it all....

John-John

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
They have some great ones at a local Army/Navy store by me. (I am thinking of getting the "Joker" smile one) Spent a lot of time at sea at below 0 temps and lots of wind. The trick is keep the cold air out, "whick" sweat away from your body and wear good headgear! Wind chill does not happen until the cold air gets near ya. "If your feet are cold, put a hat on" really does work.

I can't find any of the funny printed face masks, but they are out there,

skull facemask - Google Product Search

Chip in and get this for Fairracing when he defends his title at the next deat race? lol

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Dirtbike ATV Snowmobile Helmets Helmet Warhawks Mohawks Mohawk: Automotive

Amazon.com: Hardcore Biker Neoprene Motorcycle Face Mask Facemask: Automotive

the Joker one, Amazon.com: New Joker Clown Neoprene Full Face Mask Muzzle Motorcycle Nose Mouth Adj Size: Clothing

Can ya tell I am ridding this winter? lol

darrick

Nov 14, 2009
South Texas
this and my parka is all i need for the cold snowy days here in wisconsin
Im liking the gas mask..
its a step away from eBay Guides - How to buy a Star Wars Darth Vader Helmet
I'm gonna mod up a full motorcycle helmet and Vader-ize it.

To everyone else- does the cold wind bother your eyes through the neoprene/ski masks? Goggles or sunglasses over them?
Here in South Texas we're starting to get a taste of winter a few days at a time before the cold fronts leave. Chilly mornings and evenings are the only hassles.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
The neoprene face mask is a wrap around face with a velco strap
that fastens and un-fastens very easily. I wear eye-glassess under
my neoprene face mask and are a very comfortable fit. The neoprene
face mask really does a good job of keeping your face and ears warm
in windy-cold situations. The only thing that I do is take it off before
entering a place of business because it could cause quite a bit of
confussion for what you are there for.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
To everyone else- does the cold wind bother your eyes through the neoprene/ski masks? Goggles or sunglasses over them?
It's not really a comfort issue. After a few seconds you simply cannot see anymore. Glasses don't help. Ski goggles are the only solution. Same for flying open air UL like my MX.

Gas masks don't work. Unless you like drinking your own snot. They are horrible. I'm hoping these neoprene masks are better. I'd like to know if they are heavy rubber like gas masks or light foam.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
The neoprene facemask has the characteristics of light rubber
and light foam......70 percent neoprene and 30 percent polyester.
I put mine on with my eye-glases. I pull the eye-glases away from
my eyes just enough to prevent the fog up. I really do not use googles
so I would not know about them.