Blood thirsty ladies Huffy

GoldenMotor.com

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Hah! I just couldn't resist making that reference! It's the same color as the blood thirsty Indian, but it's a Walmart Huffy. My Timberland GT mountain bike frame had multiple stress cracks in the frame. I wanted to use the front forks of the Timberland bike, so I had to take a piece of 1 -1/2 sch. 40 pipe and make a head stock tube. I replaced the top tube of the ladies frame with a straight tube. I like the ladies frame because the bottom tube is a better shape, allowing more room for the engine. I took me about 4 days to make the bike. The engine is a GT-5 engine with a straightened crank and the current performance stuff I'm making, except for the intake. I'm testing out a ultra short version of my intake plenum. It's interesting that I don't really see any low speed losses. This is good because it gives more room for a large air cleaner if required.
The exhaust is interesting; definitely high flow, but I fear that the header pipe is too short. I'll probably try a larger rear sprocket; if I can get up to higher RPM's, the exhaust may come alive.
Check out the rear engine mount. I left a stub from where the original top tube attached to the vertical tube, and used that to mount the engine mount. For some reason, this bike doesn't vibrate as much as my original test bike which had to be retired. Maybe this rear mount flexes a bit, reducing vibrations? Food for thought!

zpt

-Fred

Attachments

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Curious, what makes you say it's a lady's bike? I always found girls bikes to not have the upper bar but either two or more bars down low to ease a girl being able to "step through" the frame to mount.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Hah! I just couldn't resist making that reference! It's the same color as the blood thirsty Indian, but it's a Walmart Huffy. My Timberland GT mountain bike frame had multiple stress cracks in the frame. I wanted to use the front forks of the Timberland bike, so I had to take a piece of 1 -1/2 sch. 40 pipe and make a head stock tube. I replaced the top tube of the ladies frame with a straight tube. I like the ladies frame because the bottom tube is a better shape, allowing more room for the engine. I took me about 4 days to make the bike. The engine is a GT-5 engine with a straightened crank and the current performance stuff I'm making, except for the intake. I'm testing out a ultra short version of my intake plenum. It's interesting that I don't really see any low speed losses. This is good because it gives more room for a large air cleaner if required.
The exhaust is interesting; definitely high flow, but I fear that the header pipe is too short. I'll probably try a larger rear sprocket; if I can get up to higher RPM's, the exhaust may come alive.
Check out the rear engine mount. I left a stub from where the original top tube attached to the vertical tube, and used that to mount the engine mount. For some reason, this bike doesn't vibrate as much as my original test bike which had to be retired. Maybe this rear mount flexes a bit, reducing vibrations? Food for thought!

zpt

-Fred
Love that seat!!!! and picture of your motor mount!!!

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
Curious, what makes you say it's a lady's bike? I always found girls bikes to not have the upper bar but either two or more bars down low to ease a girl being able to "step through" the frame to mount.
Oh, right.
I can explain that. Well, it used to be a ladies cruiser bike. I chopped it up a bit with a sawzall. I replaced the head stock tube with a longer tube which would accept some mountain bike front forks I had salvaged. But I also cut off the top tube which characterizes the ladies frame. There's a picture of the rear engine mounting, and that little stub left on the seat post tube is what was left of the top tube. And that little stub was conveniently in the right place to weld the rear engine mount to.

Hope my explanation was understandable.

-Fred

zpt