Motorized Pair of Cadillac's

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
My shopmate Jason and I had our Caddies out for a ride today and I just couldn't resist snapping this pic.

(Click the pic for full 1164x size.)

Jason's is the 66cc Skyhawk with Speed carb and X-chamber jackshafted to a 7-speed hub (his NuVinci toasted).

Mine is the 960W electric connected direct to the pedal crank and then on to a NuVinci N170 hub.

I am no match for him on the open road but he couldn't pass me on our neighborhood run with frequent stops and turns, especially if pedal which brings up the NuVinci with an electric, I can gear it how hard I want to pedal and the motor don't care.

We are quite the site on our runs to the bike shop, hardware store, auto parts place etc.

The bikes fit ours needs.
He relies on his for everything including getting here and home every day.
I just use mine for short local store runs.

Anyway I just thought I'd share that pic ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What an odd turn of events yesterday...

You may remember my topic about motorizing a Carbon Fiber Specialized bike for a customer but decided against it.
Well that customer came by to exchange it for a metal specialized and both Caddy's plus Big Red were out so we let him ride all 3.

He bought Big Red for $1,000 on the spot but when we couldn't get it on his bike rack he decided to buy Jason Caddy for $2,000 so no more dueling Caddy rides.