No, Mr. Policeman YOU'RE wrong

GoldenMotor.com

torcity

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Haha... yes, yes they are, $25,000 fine if I remember, same as driving a motorcycle without insurance, a license plate, registration, and a license. BUT as long as you don't maintain above 40kph/25mph,(speed of a normal bike) and don't piss them off they won't do anything to you...too much paperwork for them.

I was in a motorcycle accident, then bought a car when winter rolled around. I ended up rear ending someone and totaling it. As I am 19, my insurance is $8000 a year minimum for the lowest coverage now... I LOVE to ride, and I chose this over riding a motorcycle without insurance because if I get stopped by a cop then, I've got to make a run for it( because they will impound/ticket/arrest/cavity search/everything else bad), but if I get stopped with a bike they will usually let me off. At this point it is simply the lesser of two evils.

YES YES YES I am stupid and irresponsible, I expect to hear it, but at the end of the day, nothing is going to stop me from my passion PERIOD.

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Now, I know here in Idaho it is possible to pass DMV inspection and get a state issued VIN for my motorized bike - you'd think there'd be some sort of equivalent in Canada.

Granted, it's a bit of red tape, but definitely worth it in the end.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Aren't motored bikes illegal as heck in Canada now? Pretty recent if I recall.
Short answer is no they are not. A couple of our provinces define what we build as a "bicycle" to which typical bicycle rules and regs apply. The other provinces, like Ontario for instance, have no legally applicable definition other than "bicycle".

http://motorbicycling.com/f17/canada-nova-scotia-legal-info-17081.html#post166464

http://motorbicycling.com/f17/new-alberta-law-10231-4.html#post274721

Last edited: