Newb from Annapolis, MD

GoldenMotor.com

Moustache

Oct 21, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Hey everyone after a few days of browsing your site i decided to join. I really didnt know there were this many people building motor bicycles, and some sick ones at that!

Some of you guy's bikes on here blow me away!!!!

Here are some pictures of my first project. It started its life as a turquois/white schwinn cruiser. Im not very sure how old it is but my dad has owned it for longer than i can remember. about 13 yrs ago I even put a basket on the back did newspaper route for a few years so it has seen some rough days.

When i started the project it was covered in rust. The chain was broken, and the chain guard was mangled. There were no fenders, and the tires were also dry rotten.

After alot of sanding, 10+ cans of primer/paint/clear, Hours of prep. And various bits and pieces that needed to be replaced this is what im working with so far.

The pedals are still drying and waiting for another coat of matte clear.

The chain-guard was replaced and painted by me. I really like how this turned out! The clear will eventually be clear and not cloudy. The paint it still a little fresh.

Chopped rear fender. I discovered when i installed the fenders that i have a very narrow frame. i could not make the entire rear fender fit, so it was chopped. And the front did not fit at all between the forks.

I decided to move my seat back some after discovering this forum. You guys/gals have given me so many ideas. (This is the original seat)

This is the only original piece that wasnt used/repainted so you can see the original color.

Hope you enjoyed my story. The next step is to find a motor kit i like, and then more paint.

Take care all!
-Moustache

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You're off to a great start. Joining this forum this is.
We must be brothers from a nuther mother. I'm new here too. This is my new bike.

This is my other ride.

Moustache

Oct 21, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Very nice! welcome to the world of motorized bicycles
dnut
Thanks Paul!!

You're off to a great start. Joining this forum this is.
We must be brothers from a nuther mother. I'm new here too. This is my new bike.

This is my other ride.

Must be man must be. I mean i DO have famiry down in TX . . . haha

Good lookin bikes, Love the dual gas tanks on the bicycle. I take that back, i love the Tanks on BOTH your bikes, the Peanut and the dual tanks. What year is that sporty??

Moustache

Oct 21, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Thanks Paul! Man, St. Croix . . . I'll bet its nice

Bik-nut - Maybe maybe. . i mean. . i do have family down there in TX. I really like your gas-tank setup on the Bicycle, I was thinking of doing a single red-bottle tank like this but mounted somewhere else.

That peanut looks good on your Sporty! What year is it??

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes i love d islands. grew up in your kneck of the woods. alexandria va off the beltway. i do not miss dc at all

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thanks Paul! Man, St. Croix . . . I'll bet its nice

Bik-nut - Maybe maybe. . i mean. . i do have family down there in TX. I really like your gas-tank setup on the Bicycle, I was thinking of doing a single red-bottle tank like this but mounted somewhere else.

That peanut looks good on your Sporty! What year is it??
My Sportster is a 1988 model that I've owned since new. That's my stock gas tank. It's the same size as the one on your 48.

Moustache

Oct 21, 2010
Annapolis, MD
True True Paul, DC is a friggin NIGHTMARE! Im about 40 min out in Annapolis and congestion doesnt get too bad around here.

Biknut, an 88, da** that is a clean sporty for being 22 yrs old! Good job! The peanut is what made me fall in love with this bike. Too bad there isnt a small 1gal peanut for a bicycle. Shaped exactly as Harley's peanut tank just smaller

MILSPEC

Oct 22, 2010
Ohio
Those are ALL sweet bikes! I love that hard-tail! Sportsters are great bikes, too!

I think the whole "motorized bike" dream comes from my love of motorcycles. Hopefully, my first build will be satisfying, and I can have (at least) one of each.

We'll see.

Last edited: