58s Schwinn Wasp Build (My Dad's old bike)

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Your idea inspired me to try your crank technique myself. I made a little album on fb and ppl are saying what a great idea. I linked them back here to give you credit, and for even more inspiration. Some bikes just take time.

You're bike ain't no HT you slap on a yardsale bike in 3hrs to ride to Taco Bell... :)

Here's what I did with your idea if you're curious: on FB (add me if you're on there eh)

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Your idea inspired me to try your crank technique myself. I made a little album on fb and ppl are saying what a great idea. I linked them back here to give you credit, and for even more inspiration. Some bikes just take time.

You're bike ain't no HT you slap on a yardsale bike in 3hrs to ride to Taco Bell... :)

Here's what I did with your idea if you're curious: on FB (add me if you're on there eh)
Thanks for the credit, but if I remember right I saw this done by another builder here or on another forum. Can't remember off of the top of my head though...

I will be getting back to my build as soon as I am done with my Build Off bike over in RatRodBikes.com

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Draco,

I am highly interested in your build in regards to your generator motor. I have been looking for an electric power solution for my bike for over a year now. I currently use two bottle generators on my tires to charge a battery on a not too bright 6volt system powering an 8watt headlight and a 2 watt taillight/brake light.

The sturmey archer brake hub looks good, but I would have to re-lace my wheel. The kubota dynamo looks good, but kind of bulky and pricey. Your motor, however, looks perfect. And it's a super reasonable price!

I had a couple of questions, if you don't mind. What are you planning to mount to the motor shaft, a pulley?, or a sprocket? How big is the shaft? I would really like to mount a pulley on that motor and drive it off of my jackshaft using a 3L belt. If you have any ideas of a pulley that would fit, I would love to here them.

And one last question, what kind of regulator were you considering?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Gilbert

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Hey Draco,

I am highly interested in your build in regards to your generator motor. I have been looking for an electric power solution for my bike for over a year now. I currently use two bottle generators on my tires to charge a battery on a not too bright 6volt system powering an 8watt headlight and a 2 watt taillight/brake light.

The sturmey archer brake hub looks good, but I would have to re-lace my wheel. The kubota dynamo looks good, but kind of bulky and pricey. Your motor, however, looks perfect. And it's a super reasonable price!

I had a couple of questions, if you don't mind. What are you planning to mount to the motor shaft, a pulley?, or a sprocket? How big is the shaft? I would really like to mount a pulley on that motor and drive it off of my jackshaft using a 3L belt. If you have any ideas of a pulley that would fit, I would love to here them.

And one last question, what kind of regulator were you considering?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Gilbert
To answer many of your questions on that I don't really know yet of what pulley I will use. But I some what plan on running it off of the jack shaft and will most likely build a regulator for it. I don't have it in front of me now, but I believe it is either 1/4" or 5/16" diameter shaft.